Im only gonna suggest a JSX because I've never played a 6505, it's gets pretty heavy. I don't listen to metal though, so..

Edit: 1h81337...I read your name as 1 hammer-on 8-1-3-3-7, and I was like, how the heck do you hammer-on 8 from 1? So i tried it, and turns out, you can tap it, and it works as well as a hammer-on.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Last edited by greendayguitar at Aug 19, 2006,
both GREAT amps

i'd get the 6505, great thrash metal tone, but you need to try it out and make the decision yourself
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
1337 means leet which is short for elite
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
The JSX is the most versitile (sp?) of the top 3 Peavey heads (XXX, 6505/5150, JSX). It can do eveything ok, like metalcore for example, but it doen't do it as well as a 6505 would. I'd just go try them out, ask if you can put them side by side.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
i couldn't get the xxx gain past 9 o' clock without it feeding back...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
The JSX is more versatile, but it doesnt excell like Cone said, the 6505 EXCELLS at heavy metal, basically every metal, only downside are the cleans, however, a chorus pedal can improve those.

Quote by dimebag_love
i couldn't get the xxx gain past 9 o' clock without it feeding back...

Def agree, personally I felt the XXX was no more of an upgrade from my solid state, at least the head version, haven't played the combo, the crunch channel was better than my rhythm channel, but the cleans were both mediocre, and the lead channel on the peavey is very noisy.
Last edited by pierce34celtic at Aug 19, 2006,
Quote by AC/zeppelin/DC
1337 means leet which is short for elite

1 |</\/0\/\/ +|-|4+, 1 _||_|5+ |234|) 1+ \/\/|20/\/6...

Quote by RadioHead22
^^ what the HELL are you saying??
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac

Quote by RadioHead22