I play some metal, some nu metal, some alternative, some stuff like beatles, and other stuff and Im really in need of an All Around Guitar. Im willing to buy 2 guitars if need be, but I really dont wanna spend too much. Any Suggestions?
It's hard to go from metal to the beatles without a change in guitar. Strats are very versatile though, but not quite metal. Les Pauls might be too much for Beatles-esque stuff on the other hand, and a semi might not be enough for metal either. 2 guitars might be better. Get an Ibanez AS83 semi (£300UK, so probably $300), and then a metal guitar of your choice, as I don't do metal really.
^ ^Horrible trem on the RG3xx series. Stay away from those, if you need a trem, go with an Ibanez S470, it has HSH pup configuration, so you'll be able to get clean tones as well as metal, pending you have a good amp. Probably one of the best, most versatile guitars in that price range. Mahogany body, ZR Trem, Wizard II neck, slim body, HSH for $500.
O a ibanez S series as someone above me said.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
schecter c1 plus, humbucker and single coil, awsome guitar, have one
id go for a les paul. i can do anything from blues, to jazz, to metal, to classic rock very easily and mines only a crappy epi
PM me for
Im gunna get flamed for this, mainly because everyone on this site is extremely ignorant.
But because you want all around versatility, I have the PERFECT guitar for you.

The Master Series Squier Esprit

(Invalid img)

It will take almost your maximum budget because its rather expensive, but worth every penny. The Duncan Designed pickups arent the real deal duncans but they still are a huge step up from most factory stock ones. The guitar is absolutly great for things like blues, jazz and classic rock.. and it pulls off metalesque with grade A quality.

If you arent worried about the ignorant assholes who look at the brand name and auto label it as "****" than this guitar sounds like its perfect for ya. Yes I probably sound like a fanboi, but I really believe that this guitars quality should be recognized by more than there is out there

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
ibanez S470. it's the perfect all arounder, everything from blues to classic rock to metal.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
get a les paul, mine does all genres it is a very well roundede instrument, but the Strat you can't go wrong with either
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
yeh just saw that, didnt see it before. hmmmm guess ts you can only buy one guitar instead of 2 so i guess the s470 or C1 artist gets my vote
epi les paul
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Jackson rr5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Squire Fender Strat.
EMG 81 & 85 Pickups (still not fitted).
Marshall AVT100 2000.
Fender Frontman.
Dunlop Cry Baby.
D'addadrio Strings User.
Dunlop Plectrum User.
Levy's Strap user.
Id go for a Shecter C1 or better yet, if you can handle the extra $150, get a Gibson Les Paul Menace, youll never buy another guitar again.
Im seein a lot of Les Pauls... and I kinda hate les pauls. I could give it a try for music sake.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Telecaster? not very metal lol

a guitar doesnt make the genre

the player does,

you can play metal on anything
schecter c1 classic IMO i think its good for everything and its 699
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Gibson SG FTW

Just kidding I think a Schecter would be good for you maybe a C1 Classic.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
Quote by sTD182
Jackson rr5

ur kidding me right

he wanted an "all-around" guitar