Me and a few guys are starting up a band and we've had a few jams etc. I need a decent garage amp. My 15w Crate practice amp just isnt cutting it lol. I'd prefer a tube amp, since they have better distortion. Needs to be good for metal but have decent cleans too. Im not a tone freak, but i'd like it to have a decent/pretty good sound to it.
I'm looking for used so it's cheaper . And before you start saying "just go to the music store and check some out! *****". The nearest music store to me is an hout and a half away. I have 400-500$ (Canadian) to spend.

BTW. I found a Trayor YCV40 and I know that has the cleans and the power i need but i hear the distortion is pretty crappy so would a boss md-2 do it some good?

quick n0000b q.

how much different does a pedal sound throught different amps?

Thanks guys and gals.
Last edited by highwaysalmon at Aug 19, 2006,
The Peavy XXX 40watt combo maybe? Im not sure how much it would ost though...

But a heavy OD pedal through a not band gain amp should do the trick. And the pedals sound different through different amps depending on their tone.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Yeah I think the XXX is out of my price range but ill look it up thanks,
any other suggestions?
I would browse eBay a bit and look for some deals. A Traynor should do fine with the right kind of settings and the right pedal *cough* Maxon OD *cough*. Or Tubescreamer if you want.