how can u hate led zeppelin?> who does? i've never met anyone who hates em???
Head like a stone, stoned like a rock.

boring
all solos, no substance
The Immigrant Song anyone?
their 14-year-old wannbe jimmy page fanbase is rather irritating
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by Black Hole Sun
Could it be that people have different opionions? Just a stab in the dark.

yeah i realize that but i'm just wondering why the masses of punks hate them.
I love punk music, but I also love led zeppelin. I was into punk properly before zeppelin, but now have everything they've ever done. I thinks it's to do with the fact that Led Zeppelin were the anti-thesis of punk back in the 70's, what with playing in big stadiums, with long improvisations in their songs (mental masturbation) etc... as well as their general rock superstar behaviour, and how once you get that big, you lose touch with all fans except groupies - in most cases. Punk was very DIY and down to earth. There wasn't the virtuoso musicianship or the overt sexuality there was with Zep. I think a lot of people trying to live the "punk" life just do a bit of bandwagon jumping when it comes to this topic. It's understandible when its Emerson Lake and Palmer you hate, but Zep were amazing. Give a punk a few years to grow and they'll expand their taste. A lot of punk bands started out playing covers of old bands anyway, so the whole "rip it up and start again" ethos was B.S. e.g. the Sex Pistols covered the small faces etc. On top of that surely bands like Sabbath in the early days influenced punk. "Paranoid" and indeed "Communication Breakdown" by Zep are pure proto punk IMO.
Because they're really boring to listen to and extremly overrated. Everyone's always like 'whoa man Zep's got skillz!'. Sure at the time they may have been more skilled than some bands but that was 30 years ago. I don't know why people don't like them, but for me, I can't stand Robert Plant's voice, Jimmy Page's ripped off riffs annoy me, and they're just boring. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure others will think differently because we're all allowed to have different music tastes.
Last edited by Embodiment at Aug 19, 2006,
to those who say they're boring: watch We're Gonna Groove and tell me with a straight face that they're "boring".

i'm suprised those "Led Zep and Fans Can Kiss My Ass" kids haven't responded yet.
Why do you start a thread asking a question then argue with their answers?
brnh.bandcamp.com
It is boring man...
Just accept that not everyone is a Zep fanboy ok? We're not all gunna like the same music. Stop trying to chance people's minds.
Quote by Embodiment
It is boring man...
Just accept that not everyone is a Zep fanboy ok? We're not all gunna like the same music. Stop trying to chance people's minds.

yes, i realize that not everyone likes Zeppelin.

can you think of any single band that 99% of an entire genre hates?
I love how pretentious Led Zep fans are. Give a punk a few years to grow? Because we all know that listening to a bunch or drugged out hippies warble about how they dun lost they're womin and being vikings is the one true sign that a person has good taste in music and isn't on a band wagon.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.