K i was thinkin bout gettin Some emg-85 in my guitar but.....my guitar is an agathis body and im not so sure about getting the pickups now because ive heard some bad things. if i dont get the emg's can any one recomend some other pickups for a good metal tone. and if i do get the emg's would it just be retarded?

and yes i searched before posting but coudnt find an answer.
yeah they should be fine; agathis is a really bright wood and 85's are very dark sounding so it should be ok... you would be better off with a mahogany bodied guitar though.
agathis is crap, any guitar with an agathis body is not worth a pickup upgrade.
the only thing you can do with agathis guitars is use them as fire wood
wood makes a huge difference, and personally, i would prefer mahogany, but there's nothing TOTALLY wrong with agathis

i bet you're one of those people who can't tell much of a difference, but just goes along with what everyone else says about it

and so tell me, what's SPECIFICALLY wrong with agathis?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Go ahead and make the change, see what it sounds like, maybe you'll dig it. If not, you can always pull those pickups out when you upgrade to a different guitar.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
It doesn't really matter TOO much with EMGs since they negate about 90% of the tone from the wood anyways. Go for it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!