Page 1 of 2
dude they are awesome, I think both their guitarists are very good but esp the guy who plays lead he's got some chops, Which in your opinion is better the cd 90215 or hollywood?
'00 Les Paul
I kinda like them. Their lyrics are weird and kinda funny. But I don't think this should be in the Hardcore forum. Pop-Punk/Emo or Alternative is better.

Quote by MelodyMaker
dude they are awesome, I think both their guitarists are very good but esp the guy who plays lead he's got some chops, Which in your opinion is better the cd 90215 or hollywood?

I Am Hollywood.
yeah the guitars are pretty sick. the video on the other hand is weird. as for the lyrics they're pretty weird. I prefer boys night out more if i had to make a choice.
ive only heard a handful of songs but i liked them, i am hollywood is a sweetass song
hi everybody

Hookers do not like to snuggle
- Zach Galifinakis
"Don't you play strangers you know it leads to danger"

"Dad im not coming home"

haha
I like that they have alot of influences that affect their sound, jazz, punk, hardcore, they are all around just a great band, I can't wait for their new cd!
'00 Les Paul
Probably my favorite modern hardcore band. Everything about them is amazing.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
has anyone head the new album?

i've got it but haven't opened it yet.
Listen to my music here
^could you send it to me sometime? IM: strat81190
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
Im gonna buy the new one today, regardless of the bad reviews. Whatever.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
I am a big fan of this band, they rock harder than any rock band I've heard in a long time. I absolutely love thier new album Suck Out the Poison, it has awesome guitars, lyrics, etc. It's even better than I am Hollywood.
Hollywood is an awesome cd. but 90215 is just as good. Can't say if I have a favorite between those. I havent checked out the new one yet though.
not that bad of a band, but i think they are terrible live.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
you guys can't be serious?! i can't stop listening to the new album, it's amazing. it took me a couple spins to get used to the different sound but once i heard stampede the second or third time i couldn't believe how amazing it was. (((louds is even more amazing. not every song on the new one is that good though, i don't really like china white II, but that's just me.

top 5

suck out the poison
electronic throat
stampede
the pot bellied goddess
(((louds

listen to any one of those songs and you'll be hooked, i promise
yeah, i'm very sure. stampede is on their myspace, it kicks ass, but the cd version is much better of course. if you don't like that one then check out the other four i listed. i'm assuming you're a fan of awesome sounding guitar/riffs and this cd is full of it. the last chorus on 'suck out the poison' (track 3) is awesome. the best head bobber for me is a toss up between "(((louds" and "the pot bellied goddess" i'm seriously obsessing over those two songs right now, they're so bad ass.
I couldn't even bring myself to vuy the albumafter sampling some tracks at FYE. So dissappionting.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
^Def.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
I loved I Am Hollywood...but what the fuck happened to the guy's voice on Suck Out The Poison? It sounds awful.
ρ
I love HIL! They're my favorite band! I love China White I and II, The Pot Bellied Goddess is a good song too. I bought Suck Out The Poison and didn't like it at first, but I gave it a second chance, because I hated IAH at first listen too. I perfer IAH over SOTP, but I still love both albums. I just wish HIL would come to MN...
(((louds is amazing. for all you non-believers, play this song really ****ing loud in your car while driving where ever, then you will understand. there's so much attitude in this song it's unreal.
One time I booked This Is Hell, and the newspaper misprinted them as He Is Legend (I have no idea why?) and so a bunch of kids came to my show looking for them.

But I've never actually listened to this band.
Quote by ¡Blah!
...I usually don't go crazy for hardcore bands (except As I Lay Dying)...

I book bands in Harrisonburg VA

www.myspace.com/mithosbooking
I love the new vocals - I liked the old amount of obscurity and unusualness in thier old stuff a little bit more though. I haven't picked up the record yet - anyone hear it??? give album review - thanks.
ahhhhhhh im going to see he is legend, silverstein, aiden, it dies today, and i killed the prom queen on november 18th! i can't waitttt
"I would lock her in a room full spiders & let her think about what she's doing 2 the youth of america"brandon boyd on britney spears
^HIL is the only band on that bill that doesnt suck balls.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by STRAT811
^HIL is the only band on that bill that doesnt suck balls.

yeah im just going to the show for HIL, i didn't make the bill. :/
"I would lock her in a room full spiders & let her think about what she's doing 2 the youth of america"brandon boyd on britney spears
^ah, alright. you had me worried that you might like aiden!
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by STRAT811
^ah, alright. you had me worried that you might like aiden!

hahaha. noooo.
^well be sure to give me a full reprt of HIL's set.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
Serpent Sickness is just amazing. When the music stops and it's just a clean guitar and Schuylar singing the chorus...I love it. I love how it leads into Electronic Throat, too. I've said it before, but I LOVE the new album.
This is all an elaborate scheme.
I have to say that their new album really is kinda dumb...I Am Hollywood and 90215, to me, had better melodies and vocals than Suck Out The Poison. They have so much more potential then that
Page 1 of 2