This is "Hold on Loosely" by 38 special. Most of you are way too young to remember these guys - ask your dad....or grandfather

I found a backing track and put this together this morning. The BT has bass and drums only - I added 3-4 layers of (questionable) guitar on top. I posted it on another forum, and a member offered to add vocals - thanks a million to JPF from guitars101. I think he does an excellent job - made my freaking day.

I hate to sound like a total dork, but it's pretty cool to download a BT from someone you never met - add some guitars using your home PC, and then have someone else you never met add vocals - all within 24 hours...

at the :15 mark - there is a glitch in the backing track - it jumps a bit - not me...I promise

Let me know what you think.

UPDATE: http://nottheguy.dmusic.com
Guitar's sounded great imo voice was pretty good too. Great choice of a song too.
One of my favorite songs of all time, and you nailed it dude.

The vocals are great. That guy can really belt it out. I've seen a LOT of cover bands absolutely murder this song trying it.

Nice job on the solo work. You didn't add anything of your own and kept to the original which is a real tribute.
I love this song, I didn't know it was so popular.

Guitar: Very solid. I heard a few mistakes in the solo but nothing too emphasised. However, you missed the one very important pinch harmonic just before the solo. It's one of the best placed pinch harmonics I've ever heard, you should definitely include it.

Vocals: They were brilliant. Well recorded and very expressive.

Overall: Very good cover, there are minor things to improve upon, but nothing that would warrant a whole new recording. Nicely done.

9/10
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Thanks! I know I missed the harmonic - but the rest of the solo felt pretty good - I thought it had no where to go but downhill.

I'm still working on 'em!
Dude, you should see them play this live, even now after all these years.

I saw them play it a few years ago and that solo must've lasted a good 10 minutes. They just kept going and he kept adding stuff.

It was so damn cool.
Quote by NotTheGuy
Thanks! I know I missed the harmonic - but the rest of the solo felt pretty good - I thought it had no where to go but downhill.

I'm still working on 'em!

You'll pick them up soon enough, they're not too difficult. Just make sure you're on your bridge pick-up with a fair bit of gain so you can coax them easier.

Anyway, can you give me a link to the Guitar101 forum please? I'd like to join.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."