Which brand of guitar is most suitable for the shred style? I hear Jacksons have really low action, but I can't stand the way they look. I found one or two on MF that didn't look horrible and weren't too cheap, but I'd really like not to have to just settle. Any recommendations?
try shecters. personally i think jacksons look awesome. theres alot of different body styles
^^ those and ESPs

ibanez if you want more of a prog metal sound
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Shredding is usually associated with Ibanez, ESP, and Jackson guitars.

Edit: Damn you guys...
High as tits
Fender with a scalloped. Pretty much any thin necked guitar with/without scalloped neck can be used for shred, but fenders, ibanez, and jacksons are most commonly assoited with shredm, IMO.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
well, ibanez have thin necks (most dont like the "thinness"), Jackson relate to ibanez, but i perfer jackson over ibanez. but in my opinion they both shred well.

I shred nicely on my standard les paul.

(have you checked out a RHoads V?, they look sweet, and they shred amazingly)
~Bwandon
i have a dean razorback and it shreds very good and its easie uper fret access
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
Ibanez rg series 5xx +
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Actions can be adjusted. The thing that you'd need to see when looking out for best guitar for shredding is the neck-build. Theoretically, you'd want a thin and fast neck, also equipped with jumbo frets. But it still depends on your preference, whether you like it thin or medium, finished or un-finished, you gotta try one out. Companies which stress on this build are, yes, Ibanez, ESP, Jackson, Dean, and whole lot more, some are even from outside US, like Tagima.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic