I do not know if there is already a thread like this I looked but couldnt find one. This thread is a place where people share songs that really help improve there skills in shredding especially. For instance Testament 'Musical Death(A Dirge)" was a breakthrough song for me. So, if anyone has good songs to learn with good leads, sweeping, crazy techniques etc... please post them and help out
Christian
Just check out anything by Satch, Paul, Marty, Vai, Malmsteen and some other progressive bands like Racer X, Angra, to name a few.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
scarified - racer x

wat a shred.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

Not a big fan of shred, but I know some artists I guess. Steve Vai is a really good example.
Sent from my iPad.
I'm working on I Am A Viking by Malmsteen right now. There are some great licks in there that are (relatively) pretty easy, so it's a nice place to start. The solo's another story though .
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Thinking some Satriani - Crushing Day is just great, pretty tough though... Surfing with the Alien, Back to Shallabal, and Circles are some well rounded satch stuff...maybe Mind Storm, Forgotten Pt2? I dunno, can't remember the toughest stuff...Tender Surrender by Vai has some good stuff too.