im looking around for a new guitar and i saw this PRS:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=519370 . its made of the woods i was looking for and its got humbucker pickups plus a tremelo bar. i play mostly modern rock like creeed/alter bridge and foo fighters. it seems to me a pretty good guitar for my style and i like the price but i decided to see if yall thought it was right for what i play.
Yeah, it would work out. A good choice. PRS guitars are great.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
yes it does seem appropriate for the kind of rockitude u play- but depending on how much casheesh you have u might want to buy a higher end PRS
How come everything today has involved things either coming in or going out of my ass?
Quote by Austrorammer
marc tremonti plays a prs so yeah this would be good for your style

yea i play alot his stuff and so thats one reason why i was looking at a prs.

Quote by AC/DCrocks1979
yes it does seem appropriate for the kind of rockitude u play- but depending on how much casheesh you have u might want to buy a higher end PRS

im only 14 so i dont have a job. i pretty much have to keep it under $1000 if i wanna buy it within the next year.
My friend has a lower end PRS and I would also recommend spending a little more $$$ on a more expensive one. For some reason there lower end guitars lack what makes the PRS guitars so good. In my opinion, if your not gonna get the really nice one(waste of money IMO) then dont get any. You can spend 600 bucks on a Les Paul and be a lot more satisfied.
sorry bout the double post but im also having trouble convincing my parents that i need a new guitar. they think 1 acoustic and 1 electric is all i need. they dont know anything about music so it makes it extremely hard to explain to them why having two electric guitars is good and convient. i didnt know anything about guitars when i bought the one i have now and they dont understand how tiring it gets after a while to re-tune my guitar. i have to switch tunings almost everytime i play a song because most of the songs i play arent in the same tuning as whatever im currently in. this discourages me from playing sometimes. my mom also doesnt think i deserve one because i use headphones when i play a lot of the time and she hasnt heard me play. i just like having headphones on because i like the sound i get out of them. i dont have to mess with my amp and i get a stronger more distinct sound of the headphones i use.
To convince your parents, just start jamming.

Leave one guitar at home, one at your drummer's house.

I got my parents to help me pay for a guitar and amp (when I was 15) by telling them I could leave one at school for music class.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
a schecter c classic should be a very good guitar for your style too.
it's a bit more expensive I think but not a lot
I have a PRS Custom 24 and I absolutely love it. It has a thicker tone so it would work well for your style of playing it seems like.
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
Quote by Austrorammer
a schecter c classic should be a very good guitar for your style too.
it's a bit more expensive I think but not a lot

id like to have one with a tremelo bar
yea the schecters im seeing look pretty nice. theres a guitar center about an hour away so one day ill head down there and see what they got and try the two brands out.
Quote by sumguy67
yea i play alot his stuff and so thats one reason why i was looking at a prs.

im only 14 so i dont have a job. i pretty much have to keep it under $1000 if i wanna buy it within the next year.

Come on! Get a job and work as much as possible before you go to high school. Then you buy the beset guitar you can affort!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
theres not many jobs a 14 year old can get around here because id have to have my parents drive me there. i was thinking about giving guitar lessons out of my house during the school year though and then next summer i could afford a really awesome guitar but idk.