View poll results: Schecter ESP or Jackson
Schecter
29 36%
ESP
28 35%
Jackson
24 30%
Voters: 81.
ok something me and my band a few friends have been debating, which guitar company is traditionally better for metal/speed/grind...Schecter or ESP or Jackson
ill have to give one thing to schecter tho...there inexpensive and there still amazing guitars...i decided on ESP/Schecter/Jackson
Jacksons are good for that classical tone but iunno i love the appeal of an ESP...and no offense to all you Les Paul lovers...but there not good for metal lol
for me, Jackson and ESP are on the same level, but I'm pretty sure Schecter is owned by ESP, so they are pretty good too.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Schecter isnt owned by ESP they work under the same parent company and thats it. but for me its ESP and Caparison together than any other brands
ive played a jackson from every series except for usa select, different types of esp/ltds in the 400 series and never played a schecter.

from that experience, Jackson>ESP and i cant comment on schecter. To me, jacksons just feel superior to play
I don't like ESP's too much, but they make some great guitars, although a bit expensive.

Schecter offer great value for money, IMO.

Jackson are also good after the recent pickup upgrade (now with real duncans and active EMG's on most models)
since ive never played an ESP for me its

schecter > jackson > ESP

but ESP ltd guitars are ment to be good and i wouldnt mind trying 1
Guitars:
Schecter Tempest Extreme
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads?
Ibanez RG321MH

amp:
Lines 6 Spider II 30watt

FX:
Line 6 Pod XT Live
wow it looks like things are starting to even out...only problem i have with Jacksons tho are they are used for classic rock and thats about it....i still love the appeal of an ESP...great looks...Great pickups...Great action...and schecter to me is like LTD on cocaine...
Quote by meonme
...and schecter to me is like LTD on cocaine...

lol
Guitars:
Schecter Tempest Extreme
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads?
Ibanez RG321MH

amp:
Lines 6 Spider II 30watt

FX:
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Quote by meonme
only problem i have with Jacksons tho are they are used for classic rock and thats about it....

I disagree. Though a funny photoshop would be jimmy page or jimi hendrix with a jackson soloist lmao.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
I disagree. Though a funny photoshop would be jimmy page or jimi hendrix with a jackson soloist lmao.

Im so gonna do that tonight...but what i meant is like the new age bands that want that classic sound...I.E. Trivium's Corey used Jacksons for the longest time and he was all about emulating Kirk Hammet
Quote by ScottishAngus

yeah, i disagree too. but a RR would be funnier. and jackson, by the way.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
and we've all of a sudden just forgot about Ibanez
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Low end (Below 450 let's say): Schecter has some nice low-end stuff, like the Omen 6 and stuff
Middle end (Below 700): ESP/LTD has great stuff in the 400+ series. If you can find a hardtail Jackson it's nice. They're trems are kinda meh. Schecter's okay.
Mid-Hi (Below 1k): The ESP's are great. The LTD Deluxe series have great stuff.
In the sans 2k range Schecter is useless, Jackson if you can find a used USA or an RR5 Jackson makes nice stuff. But this range also has real ESPs which I like more.
In the custom shop range... it's all gravy there man, it's just preference at that point.
haha
Quote by IbanezRG570
Jackson>ESP>Schecter

+1, Jackson necks feel amazing to me.
Quote by giorgio1210
and we've all of a sudden just forgot about Ibanez

lol well iunno i was wanting a 3 selection poll...and im not a fan of low end ibanez but i can make another forum including ibanez....any other suggestions of guitars?
Quote by meonme
ill have to give one thing to schecter tho...there inexpensive and there still amazing guitars...i decided on ESP/Schecter/Jackson

also because I hate the necks on jacksons

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Austrorammer
I'd go Schecter/ESP>jackson

but that's only because I hate jackson and love Schecter and ESP

Same here, right on.
i've played all kinds of jacksons except custom shop, a 100 series and a kirk hammett signature model from esp, and i never saw a schecter. (Portugal sucks!). i've got to say that no guitar maker has that fast and confortable neck, that expectacular body shapes or that sound. jackson's are awesome guitars. i liked kirk's guitar but jacksons are better and there is a huge difference between series in esp. that diference isnt so visible in jacksons.
Jackson>ESP absolutely
Quote by meonme
lol well iunno i was wanting a 3 selection poll...and im not a fan of low end ibanez but i can make another forum including ibanez....any other suggestions of guitars?

nope, that was it
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
well damn the fork ran away with the spoon and schecter has won the race i guess
Lol Noobs thread.

Jackson USA and custom shop guitars are phenomenal.
If you ever get the chance to play/own one you'll see what I mean.
As for being used for classic rock only...LOL

Personally (Because that is what this is a personal preference)

I would hold Jackson way in front followed by ESP (The top models are good) then Schecter (Ok*, but Noob metal guitars imho)

*Haven't played a top end Schecter have the other two, numerous Jacksons, there the bollocks for metal.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
jackson soloist > any schecter

I dunno its a stand off for me with ESP and Jackson.....

My prefrences is always gonna be Ibanez with either ESP or Jackson as my backup.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
High End ESP's own all.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Who's played what then?
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Laney 4x12 Cab
ESP Custom shop is the same quality as a Jackson Custom shop with the same specs, both are phenominal
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
I know, there amazing. I just rate Jackson higher, my opinion of course.
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Laney 4x12 Cab
So do Jackson's, so do the high end Schecters.
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Laney 4x12 Cab