I was wondering can i use a Bass amp as an extra cab for my guitar amps head? My head has two outputs one for the cab and one i that you can send to a mixer or whatever. I have a 50 watt bass amp and i wondered if i could use that amp amp as an extra cab for extra low end just for fun without damaging my bass amp.So can i run the line from my head into the input of the bass amp?
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
yup i do it all the time, just dont do it the other way around (run a guitar amp from a bass guitar)
1 time i tried used the cabinet out on my crate amp and plug it into my friends peavy bandit (on clean channel) and it just feedbacked like crazy.
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Well, first off, guitar through bass speakers has less bass and it brings out more mids and highs, thats why i use a bass cabinet along with a guitar cabinet. I wouldn't suggest running 2 amps together because you probably don't know what ohms rating each of them can handel. If your talking abour running your amps effects loop output into the others input then you won't get a signal through the one your sending out because the effects loop comes before power and power comes before speakers.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
not the effects loop the amp has a pre-amp out that can go to into a mixer or tape recorder as it says in the manual and thats the output i was wondering if i could run out into the input of the bass amp.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube