My local record store got a massive shipment of sale cds from the US, they're selling them for $NZ4 each! I picked up a ****load of new artists the other day. I was wondering what people here thought of some of them, cuz mostly, I haven't seen many mentions of them...

Park - "It Won't Snow Where You're Going";
Count The Stars - "Never Be Taken Alive";
Authority Zero - "Andiamo";
Spitalfield - "Stop Doing Bad Things";
Fingertight - "In The Name Of Progress"(they have very similar artwork to the Finch album "Say Hello To Sunshine";
Silverstein - "Discovering The Waterfront"
Mr. T Experience - "Yesterday Rules";

Btw, I'm from New Zealand, so these bands are pretty obscure here, they may be more well know elsewhere... if any one likes or hates or knows these bands, some feedback would be cool...
authority zero's alright.

rest are meh.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

well i saw park open for moneen. also sharing the bill with the fullblast. what can i say, but i like them. and that guy is pretty old looking...you would never guess with his voice though.

silverstein. i saw one music video , i think smile in your sleep. i like that song but all the other stuff i heard from them bores me.
Silverstein and Spitalfield I know, Mr. T Experience and Authority Zero I've heard of.

I really don't like Spitalfield at all but it may be you cup of tea. The music does nothing for me and the singer has a weird lisp thing, i think from a lip ring, which annoys the hell outta me.

Silverstein is better. Most people probably like their older stuff, but I think I prefer some newer stuff. All in all an ok band, as far as the genre goes. My favorite song by them is probably Smile In Your Sleep, since I saw what the guitarist is doing in the video. I mean, it's not really spectacular, but compared to what similar bands were doing, I think he's better.
Authority Zero is a really great album.
I like Silversteins a lot to. The rest are, as stated before, Meh
I wonder why they were only $4...

there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

cheers, but I don't know why I bothered putting MTX in there, I don't consider them obscure at all. Riddlin' Kids and Bracket seem pretty obscure here, i'm not sure why...
Quote by the_astronaut
I wonder why they were only $4...

they were "parallel imports" from a place that went out of business, i think. why they were sent from the states to NZ, i havn't the foggiest. The majority of the cds are crap like Mariah Carey, and David Hasselhoff. They had about 100 copies of Story of the Year's "In The Wake Of Determination", now they only have 98 or so left...

the ones i grabbed were cs that there were only a couple of, or the only one...
I think I'm the only person in Christchurch who actually listens to pop-punk, punk, emo and screamo, etc...
are people saying "meh" to these bands cuz they don't like them, or just cuz they've never heard of them?
Quote by Idiot_Son
are people saying "meh" to these bands cuz they don't like them, or just cuz they've never heard of them?

They think they are boring.
Authority Zero is pretty good. I have their first CD and it's pretty good.
Quote by Idiot_Son

Don't like em.
this reminds me of when i got idlewild - the remote part, and cartel - the ransom ep for $1 each. gotta love when cd stores sell decent stuff for ridiculous prices.

i've heard of a few of the bands you mentioned, never bothered to check any out though.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
I've heard of

Count the Stars - Not bad but nothing special
Spitalfield - See Count the Stars
Silverstein - Not to my liking but if you're into Alexisonfire type stuff you'll probably like it although I actually like Alexisonfire better than Silverstein...
kewl, thanks people...

if anyone has any suggestions for similar bands, that'd be cool...

I Animals!!! They're Delicious!!!

...I'm oNly a litTlE CRAzY, BUT A LITtlE GoeS a LOnG WaY...

¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? Lárgate cabrón.

I'd defnitlety pick up a Spitalfeild album at 4 clams

good choice

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by Idiot_Son
kewl, thanks people...

if anyone has any suggestions for similar bands, that'd be cool...

Here's some similar to Mr. T Experience (some are a stretch, but still good bands):

7 Seconds
98 Mute
The Bouncing Souls
Descendents
The Ergs
Early Green Day (seriously, but I'm sure you've heard it)
NOFX
The Queers
The Ramones (again, sure you've heard it)
The Soviettes
Speedurchin (really rare, IM me if you want it, really good stuff)
The Vandals
Quote by hardrock1315
Here's some similar to Mr. T Experience (some are a stretch, but still good bands):

7 Seconds
98 Mute
The Bouncing Souls
Descendents
The Ergs
Early Green Day (seriously, but I'm sure you've heard it)
NOFX
The Queers
The Ramones (again, sure you've heard it)
The Soviettes
Speedurchin (really rare, IM me if you want it, really good stuff)
The Vandals

cheers, but i was meaning more obscure bands...

i have all of green days albums, 4 bouncing souls cds, all the nofx albums since 1992,...

I Animals!!! They're Delicious!!!

...I'm oNly a litTlE CRAzY, BUT A LITtlE GoeS a LOnG WaY...

¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? Lárgate cabrón.

dude silverstein is the best... he has good vocals and they have good mixing and the song discovering the waterfront is one of the best and the lyrics actually mean sth not just random crap
Oh, and if you like MTx check out Screeching Weasel, the Queers and Jawbreak. They're not exactly alike, but do have simmilarities.