Page 1 of 2
I think the title says it all, this will be a contest to cover songs from the immortal metal band Megadeth. I am going to need two other judges (who obviously need to be 'deth fans), and the contest will officially start when there are atleast two contestants and three judges. Anyone is welcome to compete in this contest, and the winner will be able to let everyone know they had the best cover of Megadeth.

Judging Criteria:

- Sound Quality: You will be judged on the sound quality of your cover, I understand not everyone has expensive recording gear which is fine, but obviously if it sounds like you recorded your cover in a cave, it probably isn't going to win (we aren't covering black metal).

- Tone/Sound

- How close it comes to the original, or how original your cover of the song is. Some improvisation and originality to spice up the song wouldn't hurt

- Soloing, if you choose to have a solo in your cover, how close it is to the original, or if it is improvised, how well it suits the song.

- If you choose to add your voice to the cover, it would definately improve your chances (assuming it doesn't completely ruin the song )

Rules:

1. Backing tracks are allowed, but if they are going to be used, please specify what instruments are on the backing track.

2. You can play as many instruments as you want for the cover, but please let the judges know which you recorded.

3. This can be done solo or as a collaboration between multiple musicians, however this will be taken into account when comparing covers.

4. Anyone is welcome to enter (whatever instrument you play).

5. Solos are optional.

6. Multiple people can do the same song.

Judges:

1. Celticknife
2. Smokey Amp
3. Metallica708

Contestants:

metal_matt - ?
puppetzmaster8 - Disconnect
metalmaster362 - Lucretia
False_god - A Toute Le Monde
Last edited by Celticknife at Sep 3, 2006,
I'll judge seeing as my guitar is too shite to record with.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Can i judge? pleaaase? I would record, but i'm **** at guitar, and i have no recording equipment.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Hmm i would like to enter but I don't know what with yet! Anyways I'll get back to you it's likely to be something off rust in peace though
Quote by Metallica708
Can i judge? pleaaase? I would record, but i'm **** at guitar, and i have no recording equipment.

Absolutely you can.
Bump

More People! Join Now Betch!

Quote by Metallica708
Bump

More People! Join Now Betch!

Quoted for truth...

Surely more people like the 'deth!?
Hell, i'm a metallica fanboy and i'm a fan of Megadeth! Surely there are more of those annoying megadeth fans that go "metallica sold teh out jamyz suck teh ****". Even those would do!!

Maybe it's just because even megadeth's rhythm is complex, so even without solos, you have to be advanced

By the way, if i'm allowed to judge and record, i might be able to get a hold on some recording equipment sometime soon, so possibly i could record my own version of Symphony Of Destruction

EDIT: I'm not saying i'm advanced >.<

Last edited by Metallica708 at Aug 25, 2006,
ill take Hangar 18

edit: ill get back to u guys soon , i cant decide between Hangar or into the lungs of hell so dont put me down yet. lol cheers.
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Woo! Wait, must turn this into non spam.. uuhhhh.....

Um, yes. If i get the recording equipment at all it will be some point in the next week

Bump

I'll try relearning holy wars. but if i can't get a good recording quality i won't even bother. so don't put me down yet
Still nothing to judge?

I actually forgot about this thread.

Tactful bump.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Maybe I can record my band playing A tou le monde?

(We have 2 female vocalist, so it might sound interesting )
We have to record some songs for future gig-promotion anyways, so I will see what I can do!

2 questions: Do I have to post the lineup (who plays what) and when is the dead-line?
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Last edited by Cycon at Sep 23, 2006,
umm, well, i think the deadline is going to be when we have 5 recordings to judge.. which will be in about two years time...

I have a lucretia cover with vocals(not done by me.Done by a soundclicker user, Warren Willard)

Can I join the contest?
would anybody be able to get me a backing track for Rust in Peace? (Without the rhythm or bass guitar)

also i know theres 3 judges already but I'm arguably the biggest 'deth fan on this forum so it would be cool if i could be a judge.
Last edited by HookInMouth at Sep 27, 2006,
oooo i wanna enter i probably wont win, but i dont really give 2 ****s, im in it for the fun

i think ill do.............tornado of souls. when should we have the recording in by?
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

no song redos? damnit... i gotta say go to hell was phenomenal btw. I want to sing, but my mic sucks as far as sound quality how do i fix that?

I will be entering lucretia.. or tornado of souls.
I know I won't win, but it'll be fun

I suppose I'll try Mechanix (no solo)

Now I just need to figure out how to work this damn Fostex recording machine...
Quote by Atomikpunk
Ahhh No! I already did Tornado of Souls!!

lol

lol.

he said two people can do the same cover
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

alright... so I am contemplating leaving vocals in, but i cant get more than 10 mbs a time on soundclick. So the one without vocals will be missing the last 24 seconds.

Here it is.. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=610309

drum, bass are back tracks, both guitars and vocals by me......... the vocals are questionable so go easy.
Last edited by The Musician101 at Oct 6, 2006,
Hmmm, if anyone's going to do She Wolf or Ashes In Your Mouth. I'd be up for recording some bass for it.
Originally posted by Fendon
your freakin ugly bud

do you have cancer?
Okay, it's time to get some organisation into this. Everyone who has posted something, state what song you posted (if you posted multiple songs, choose ONE), and i'll try and get into contact with some of the other judges. Do not post from now on unless you have already posted a song or you are posting one.

Quote by The Musician101
alright... so I am contemplating leaving vocals in, but i cant get more than 10 mbs a time on soundclick. So the one without vocals will be missing the last 24 seconds.

Here it is.. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=610309

drum, bass are back tracks, both guitars and vocals by me......... the vocals are questionable so go easy.

Is that serious, your cover of Tornado Of Souls?
yea.. i told you that thing sucks. I have been working on the solo, and the vocals.... well... there isnt much i can do right away. My damned soundclick bugged out on me. Im going to reregister n stuff and put more stuff on it. I made a Tool- sober cover which sounds alittle better... vocals still kinda suck though.
If this contest is still open please put me down for no mroe mr nice guy
Gear:

Guitars:
Jackson King
Ibanez GRG170DX
Replica Stratocaster
Acoustic Crafter

Amp:
Practice Amp

Accesories:
POD X3
POD 2.0
Aria Wah Pedal
Really dam i never even look at the post date silly me.
Gear:

Guitars:
Jackson King
Ibanez GRG170DX
Replica Stratocaster
Acoustic Crafter

Amp:
Practice Amp

Accesories:
POD X3
POD 2.0
Aria Wah Pedal
Hmmmm... If I was a few notches better then I'd do Holy Wars... but unfortunately I'm not.

I'll be watching this thread .

EDIT: Damn, just read the other posts...

I should really look at the post date.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Last edited by Metal_Rich at Sep 25, 2007,
lol trolling for Megadeth fans! "Megadeth and Metallica are exactly the same... and they both fail! LOLOLOLOLOL" Srsly... I'll record something soon...... but I'll lose.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
Page 1 of 2