Do you actually notice the difference in tone when you play both fenders? If you didnt know which guitar was which would you be able to tell one from the other?
It seems that people are spending more just to be able to say that they have an american guitar when most people can't tell the difference in tone.
Originally posted by HarmlessLilF*ck
im not gay or anything, but if brad pitt asked me to stick my penis in him, i probably would.
you could tell from the finishes as well most likely and the overall construction of the guitars tonewise yeh thats very subjective
the necks from the MIM and MIA are both made in the US, and all MIM & MIA bodies are made from the same machine (1 in the mexican factory, 1 in the US, 1 in Japan), so really the only difference is the wood and how the electronics are prepared, and the mexican factory isnt that far away from the US factory
I don't really like the pickups on my MIM, particularly the bridge, but everything else is great. It plays just a well as my friend's $1000+ MIA and CIJ strats, he says so too.

But I think that they vary in quality a lot more than MIA's, cause I got it at a store and I had to try out a few of them before I found the one the one that I really liked, while all of the MIA ones seemed perfect.
I love my MIM Strat, easily compares and holds its ground to a MIA Strat, unlike other MIM Strats.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by thatguy147
the necks from the MIM and MIA are both made in the US, and all MIM & MIA bodies are made from the same machine (1 in the mexican factory, 1 in the US, 1 in Japan), so really the only difference is the wood and how the electronics are prepared, and the mexican factory isnt that far away from the US factory

the necks feel completely different. even with the new upgrades this year.
the pickups are completely different.
tuners, bridge, wood grade, the guitar weight, finish, pots, wires.

there are plenty of models that are in between a standard mex made and a standard american made. (classic series, players deluxe, anniversary guitar)
they have upgraded pickups, tuners, bridges and necks.
might be worth checking out.

with that said. mex made strats are a good value at their price, american mades are good for their price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Depends on a normal american strat or a highway 1, which is just mexican made with the last screw put in in the american factory. Same parts.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I tried both out at Guitar Center on more than one occasion, and I'm not that experienced in technicalities of guitars, but The MIA had a considerably faster neck than the MIM, which I noticed, plus the finish was a lot more attractice. I liked the pickups better too, but I'm not sure if both stock pick ups are different or the same.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric