Alright, well, I bought a JCM2000 DSL 401 combo about a month ago, and have had no problems with it until last night...

I was recording some guitar tracks LINE OUT into my computer with my headphones, when I started to hear a noise, so I stopped playing. I took off the phones, and noticed that my green clean channel light display was flickering... randomly--on and off--and at the same time I heard a clicking noise accompanied by high pitched "fingernail sounding" tapping. So after a while, when my tone started to go in and out, I decided to try my foot-switch. I switched to OD1 and everything worked fine--then I went back to clean. everything was good, but then sure enough in a few minutes it happened again! So I decided to just shut the amp off for the night.

I'm not too experienced with tubes so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Perhaps the tubes are dying? Or maybe running a tube-amp for 6 hours nonstop is too much?

I'd like to know what everyone here thinks about this--and if anyone has any solutions/answers to explain this... please, do tell.

Thanks,
Four Symbols
yep, this is a classic case of haunted amp
Zapp Branigan: "A hundred and ninty eight billion babies in a few weeks. We'll need an army of super virile men scoring 'round the clock! I'll do my part"
My amp did something like that but it sounded like a scream. ****ing **** myself when I heard it
Sounds pretty haunted to me. If it only happened after it being on for 6 hours, I am thinking give it a break every 2 hours or so.
High as tits
i have a tube amp too and every once and a while it will make a weird buzzing sound and u cant hear wat ur playing when that happens i just turn it off and bak on and it works for me but i just had new tubes put in which i think u should do. next time it does the weird haunted thing tap on the tube(very lightly) with a pencil and if it makes sum weird ass noises and cakles then u have a bad tube
You should call ghost busters and get them so use those infared lights and stuff on your amp. Bye bye ghosts!
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
^fianally a good answer!
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Quote by greendayguitar
You should call ghost busters and get them so use those infared lights and stuff on your amp. Bye bye ghosts!

Put garlic into the back of the cab to scare away vampires. They don't like the french cuisine.
Quote by sashki
Put garlic into the back of the cab to scare away vampires. They don't like the french cuisine.

Vampires don't like french people at all...