POD
M Audio BlackBox <== (does it belong here???)
zoom g9 2tt
boss gt8
vox tonelab SE
any more???

I currently Have a vox ad30vt amp, which I think is not built for multieffects units. Should I get a new amp (and what) or buy a pair of monitor speakers instead?

amp or monitors???
You forgot the Digitech GNX3000. It's a good pedal .

An amp will work fine, as long als you keep all settings clean...so bass treble etc in the middle.

Most amps will just slightly change the sound that comes out of the multi-effect unit. So if you want your multi-effect unit to sound like it's meant to sound, you probably have to go for monitors.
ok then... thanks a lot for the help. Ill go get a monitor asap...

one more question though, if i ever do intend to plug in a digital drums machine into the monitor, what do i need so that I would be able to put both the guitar and the drums into the monitor inputs??

I need a mixer right???
erm, the amp you have is basically the vox tonelab multi FX in amp forum. you don't need a multi FX pedal, technically, your amp is one.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
erm, the amp you have is basically the vox tonelab multi FX in amp forum. you don't need a multi FX pedal, technically, your amp is one.

Isn't the vox tonelab equal to the AD60VT and the AD120VT? They have a lot more options thatn the newer ones.
the newest vox multieffects looks more complicated than the amps i guess
Quote by jmac72187
Isn't the vox tonelab equal to the AD60VT and the AD120VT? They have a lot more options thatn the newer ones.

more so, yes. but the only thing the 60 and 120 have over the rest of the line is high gain tones. imo. other than that they're on par with one another.

but my main point is that his amp was in fact already a "multi FX." it's a dumb idea to run any effect/distorion box into any modeling system anyway. i'd say just save up for the ad60vt version.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^^ Ya, if you are going to spend $400 on a Multi FX unit, just sell your AD30VT and spend that money and the other money on an AD60VT of AD120VT. It is pretty much a tonelab in an amp.
You can get a floor pedal for the Vox too, so you'll get the control you're looking for.
I had the ad25vt for a while, but the input jack fell into the amp. I've heard that's been a problem with those amps so watch out for that!
Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Thoreau

Ibanez Ex-370 For Sale!