OK!!!!!im still pretty new to hardcore playing? so what is the most needed to know assets(sorry if spelled wrong) of playing hardcore?and when you tell me, show how to play it please if you cant just give me a band who does it a lot!
all hardcore is mostly breakdons. which is just palm muting along with the bass drum. as well as the same old Harmonic minor run
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
powerchords...dropped tuning (c# and mainly dropped D) just palmmuted rhthyms with an open powerchord
real hardacore (minor threat,black flag,bad brains)
or the new stuff that shouldn't be called hardcore (atreyu,as i lay dying,everytime i die)
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Get really low to the floor while playing palm mutes on drop c/drop b tunings

then everyone will think how kool you are
o u listen from autaum to ashes, ya go wit dropped tuneing, wear the strap really high up, alot of palm mutes, and open low E's,relatively slow
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Either put the guitar so it brushes your nipples and do lots of breakdowns while spinning around like a balerina, or wear your guitar so its brushing your knee caps and do lots of harmonies and palm muted scales that are ripped to shreds by cutting them in half and adding barr chords.
High as tits
Hardcore=heavy ass breakdowns, a long with other things

e----------------
B--------------9--
G-------------12
D--0-0-0-0----
A--0-0-0-0----
D--0-0-0-0----
pm---------

the notes played on the b and g strings are a half step apart and create a very popular HXC sound (Norma Jean, Anterabbae etc)
REPEAT...

e----------------
B----------------
G---------------4*(pinch harmonic)
D--0-0-0-0----
A--0-0-0-0----
D--0-0-0-0----
pm---------

Check out some As I lay dying Tabs. They also utulize a lot of common hxc techniques.
check out the tab your little subrubia is in ruins by august burns red (powertab)
that song tought me speed picking, which is just picking super fast up and down to make the sound like within the song.

e----------------
B--------------9--
G-------------12
D--0-0-0-0----
A--0-0-0-0----
D--0-0-0-0---- a breakdown like that is also in your little subrubia, so you could kill two birds with one stone. ABR and alot of hardcore bands use the up and down what i usually call the shread palm muting (cause it sounds like stuff shreading, not the style of play) which sounds good in breakdowns, it's when you basically speed pick a palm mute and go down up down up fast.

sweep picking is very effective too, but very hard and i've yet to get even close to doing it decent. Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu is a good example, there are excelent tabs on the site for it, and check out some other threads on sweep picking and theres some links to sweet videos that help out alot

and dont practice guitar standing still, move around, it's boring as crap to watch a band stand still.

these are the songs that helped me get going in playing hardcore, there all in drop C too i think....
August Burns Red-Your Little Suburbia (speed picking)
Atreyu-Bleeding Mascara (sweep picking)
As I Lay Dying-Confined (string hopping and pm just the top string(
As I Lay Dying-Forever (fast picking not speed picking tho riff, and use your pinkey to go back from the 5th to 10th fret in the first riff to strenghten it up)
Drop Dead Gorgeous-The Show Must Go On intro (pull offs and hammers in hardcore)
Hatebreed-Live for this (fun to play, fast moving your hands in the chorus for the pm powerchords)

hopefully that can help out
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Either put the guitar so it brushes your nipples and do lots of breakdowns while spinning around like a balerina, or wear your guitar so its brushing your knee caps and do lots of harmonies and palm muted scales that are ripped to shreds by cutting them in half and adding barr chords.

probibally most importantly dont worry about what people like this for example have to say, i guess they just dont get it, or they really have nothing better to do