I have been fooling around with my stack this morning looking for my settings that I like. I went on vacation and got back and dislike my old setting for some odd reason. So here is the conundrum: I can get my amp to sound fine on Gain 1, but when I activate the OD to push it more, it adds too much treble. So to make up for that, I turn down the treble on the Gain channel. This makes the higher gain sound great but then I deactivate the Gain channel and just use the OD and it sounds muddy because I have the tone on really low to compensate for the Gain 1 Channel. So I got back and raise the tone.

How could I fix this?

Would I be better off buying a second SD-1 for simple OD tone and using this one as a boost?

I don't have much money so I would rather fix this with settings on the amp. I don't want to use Gain 2 because I like the sound of the OD + Gain 1 better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by jmac72187 at Aug 20, 2006,
Turn the tone down slightly, and when you use the OD only set the drive to around 9 o'clock if you want to use it as a boost, and also dime the level
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by sashki
Why not turn down the tone control on your pedal?

I do that and it works out fine until I go back to the clean channel and want an overdriven sound from the pedal. It sounds all muddy once I do this.

Quote by StuC
Turn the tone down slightly, and when you use the OD only set the drive to around 9 o'clock if you want to use it as a boost, and also dime the level

I keep the gain less than 9 o clock and then dime the level. But like I said above, when I use it as an OD boost, it sounds muddy.

The only thing that I can think to do it to buy another OD and use one as an OD and one as a boost or maybe just buy a boost. How would a clean boost work in terms of raising gain on a gain channel?
it sounds like your gonna need another OD
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
it sounds like your gonna need another OD

That is what I was thinking but I was hoping that I was wrong. How does a clean boost work with boosting a gain channel? Will it be the same as using the level on the OD?
Just turn the treble slightly down on both the OD and on the gain channel, that way you won't get that much muddiness/treble loss as before. Try that way out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30