Poll: Which amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp?
Fender Blues Junior
12 57%
Vox AD50VT
9 43%
Voters: 21.
Ok, I am getting a new amp next week and the final desicion has come down to fender blues junior vs. the vox ad50vt. Right now I have a squire strat but that will soon be upgraded to a MIM strat. I mostly play classic rock, with a bit of the newer stuff and a small bit of metal. I do plan on gigging some time in the future.
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Blues Jr, I have one and absolutely love it, with pedals it'll be as versitile as you want.

Have you tried both the amps out though?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You want the fender blues junior as it is an all valve amp. Whereas the vox ad50vt is a 'valvetronix' amp, which although sounding fancy is still solid state it just has some fancy valve reactor. But in essence it is a modelling amp, so it just imitates the sound. But listen to them and choose, theres a big price difference so it depends what you want from it; if you want just a practice amp I'm sure the Vox will satisfy all your needs, but the fender should just give you everything but better it will just sound so much better and hav possible stage capabilities I don't know how loud it gets. Personally I have a 30w Zoom solid state modelling amp and I am perfectly happy, it really depends what you want.
i have an ad50vt and its great. but yeah, ive heard the blues junior with a good pedal realli kicks.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Yea i have triied both amps out and will do so tomorrow at my music shop. I saw someone say in a review of the ad50 that it will not take effects and you cannot attach pedals to it. is this true?
^Slightly, because it's a modelling amp, it doesn't take effects as well as a none modelling amp for some reason, but it'll probably still take effects (wouldn't be that necessary as it's already got good effects)
Also, try and play the Blues Jr quite loud so it can really shine, amazing amp.
Don't be afraid to care"

Alright got back from the store today, and after trying both amps I could tell that the blues jr was a tube and it had that nice clean warm tube thing going on and had some sick reverb. The vox had a bit of that but its best feature was all the effects.

A couple of questions, if i were to hook up a wah wah to the ad50vt would it soud good or like crappy?

Has anyone used these two in gigs? Can the ad50 hold its own agains drums and such? Same with the Blues junior, is it good for gigs?

Thanks
im sure you could hook up a wah to the vox if you bypassed the onboard effects. the onboard autowah does suck, by the way. as for the effects, i mainly use reverb and not much else. the delay's pretty good and the chorus isnt bad, but the flanger can really overpower the sound if you crank it too high. just remember, the effects are like salt. you use them to enhance the "flavor" of an already good sound that could use a little something. or so i like to think.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I've played with my Blues Jr tons of times with drums, handles the situation perfectly, and just starts to break up and gets really thick sounding, it'll definately be loud enough for a small/medium gig, and if not (doubt it) you can always mic it.
Don't be afraid to care"

i have a ad50vt and I have no problems using a wah pedal. I havent played gigs with it but I can play with a drummer at half power.
I have a vox ad50vt and the blues junior was one of the amps i tried out when i was looking for "the one". I think it also depends on what kind of distortion you want (then again you can always get a distortion pedal) but anyway the vox has a much more overdriven tone then the blues junior.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
I kid i played with used the Fender blues junior in room that seats nearly 1000 people. on its own (unmic'ed) it was drowning out the whole PA system, five other instruments, a 120 watt bass amp, and an accoustic drum set. Curious, i walked over to see how he had it set..the master volume was on 2! sounded pretty darn good too.
a little lie says you'd like nothing better.....