Hey, guys, what's a really good metal pedal to use. I want to use one with a noise suppressor included (to reduce hum and feedback). I'm going to be using a washburn WI64 and a Randall RG75DG3 amp (tube hybrid). I play a lot stuff like Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Distutbed, and Alice in Chains. My budget is about $200. I would go and to the nearest guitar center and try em out, but I do not have the time to do so, which is why I would like to order this from Musicians Friend. So, I would like some suggestions for some pedals. Thanks .
i dunno man id say get the dime distortion... itd go good with the washburn and the randall
"Lies, sanctions, and cruise missles have never created a free and just society. Only everyday people can do that." -Zack de la Rocha

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Boss DS1
Boss DS2
Boss MT2 (you can listen to them on bossus.com)

The DS1 and the MT2 are very well known!
I agree with Vampry.

The Boss MT2 would give you everything for metal.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
No, you need a noise gate for that.
Those are seperate guitar pedals.

Boss NS-2 is a noise gate.

Line 6 Über-metal is a modelling metal pedal with built-in noise gate.
You can select 6 different types of distortion on this pedal, and turn on/off the noise gate.
The noise-gate has two types.

The Line 6 Über-Metal is a good pedal for you!
Have a look on the Line 6 website; www.line6.com
Line 6 Uber Metal Distortion Petal FTW!
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Why not a Proco Deucetone Rat? It's got a steep learning curve compared to the DS-1 or MT-2, but you can get seriously extreme, angry tones out of it once you learn how to use it. Also, you don't want the DS-1 anyway, it sounds extremely thin and tinny.
Line 6 uber metal the only "metal" pedal that i have used that i think is half decent.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
i heard that the"death metal" pedal is great. but i only heard that. im not sure
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I have the death metal, you can get a lot of sounds out of it, but since theres not gain knob... you have to use your guitar's volume knobs to adjust it.

bends can get whinny tho/.
pfft all thats crap compared to Damage Control Solid Metal heck listen to the sound clips on the website
Quote by azn_guitarist25
pfft all thats crap compared to Damage Control Solid Metal heck listen to the sound clips on the website

Absolutely!! x2^ The damage control demonizer!! 2 inbuilt 12ax7 tubes.......
*Drools on keyboard* sorry - or else you could go with the rocktron silver dragon. Also fantastic for metal.....

And ^ its true - the boss and the death metal pedals are crap.....

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
too bad the Demonizer cost $300usd and the ts has $200usd which is the cost of the Solid Metal
This is what you want;

http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/dmz.htm

they have them at musiciansfriend for $219 and $299 US

It will crush any other pedals.

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9