I was thinking of putting 3 lace sensor pickups on. I noticed that some people stay with one color for all 3 positions, but I was thinking a Red on the bridge and maybe a blue on the neck and silver in the middle. Is this a good idea, would this work? I've had stock pickups in since I bought my strat about a year ago, and I just want a change. I like the idea of the high output of the red and the warmness of the blue and silver, it seems like it would be versatile, but I just don't know. Also, how hard is it installing pickups yourself? Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
#107 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
do you know how to solder, and would you be comfortable doing it to your own guitar? If not, have a tech install the pickups.
I've soldered before, but I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be. I was just throwin it out there, how easy is it to permenantly damage your guitar trying to solder?
Well I'd like to get someone's thoughts before I let this thread die.
yeah ive got that exact setup. Its great. no hum

The only problem is that most people don't use the mid pickup that often. so i would reccomend just the blue

The red is alright but the blue is magic. you can get a better humbucker replica in a single coil.

so i would just get a blue lace sensor and then another single coil for the bridge. (however if you really want one then the red will do fine)
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
The red interests me because of the huge output, it seems like it would be wild and cool.
well so are hot rails (its their highest output pickup)

i would look elsewhere; however the red isnt bad
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Who makes Lace Sensors?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
even if you cant solder, i would say to just have someone else you know do it. save money.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
http://www.lacemusic.com/company/company.php
the lace sensor story. ^

and threadstarter.
1. u cant really mess up the guitar. as long as u know how to level the bridge and adjust the action after u wire it up. (it's not that hard)

2. alot of guys get the blue silver red combo. they are good pups but depends on the type of music u play.
some guys like the Hot gold lace.

and for a hot strat, i prefer stacked/railed mini buckers or texas specials.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Alright thanks