Hey guys!
Well, I'm thinking of going to guitar center and trading in some old stuff for new things. The worker said they'd give me about $950 store credit. So I was thinking of getting a B-52 AT212, some new tubes, and an EQ pedal. My questions are
1.) Is the B-52 any good? If not, what's some good amp at about $800-ish?
2.) What are some good tubes?
3.) What's a good EQ pedal?
I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and play a lot of clean and anything to hard rock. I really don't play anything "metal". So I don't need a huge distortion but it can't hurt.
Thanks
Have you tried pricing up how much you'd get selling all that stuff on ebay or somewhere? You might get more (GC are notorious for raping you, and also giving you bad prices on your gear) so therefore could get a better amp (although this might take some time)
What exact sounds are you looking for from an amp?

And.... what do you want an EQ pedal for?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The EQ pedal is more because I've heard that the B-52 Tube amps don't have a good low-end. I wouldn't need one if the amp is good enough. But the sound is somewhat cliche'. I need high, nice cleans, and a hard, punchy drive channel. Prefferably some tube amp. The prices of my gear are basically retail. I tihnk they took like $40 total off retail value of my stuff. It's basically a full refund minus $40. The stuff I'm trading in are: a Fender Bullet 15, Visual Sounds H2o Jeckyll and Hyde and Route 66, a Boss OD/Distortion, and some other things for some reason I can't think of. But yea I checked and it was probably the best for what I had.
Judging from what you're selling, that price seems immense, what's this other stuff you're selling, gold bars?
Don't be afraid to care"

see if they have any nice stuff in the used room too
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
^Yup, you'll get a better deal on something that's used.
Don't be afraid to care"

You can always talk them down on the items you want. I like the B-52. I have the head version. You have to tweak it a bit but you can get some good low end when you play around with the Low End Resonance and the EQ. It just takes some tweaking. I want an EQ pedal too but just for a totally different sound with the click of a switch.
ok so refering to the price stuff.. i remembered the last thing i was selling was my recording stuff which is about 200- 300 dollars worth of stuff. And my GC here has like nothing in the used section. Its weird too.. I live in Memphis Tn like a huge mecca for music and yet there's like no used stuff here. ?