2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
i liked the krankenstein, but i don't play much metal
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Mesa recifiers, Peavey 6505 or 5150, oh yea, and the Bogner Ubershell (he said any price)
Gear

Son Of Beast *IDW it anymore*
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 1960A Cab

Quote by Draken
Guys relax if you can't joke about genocide then what can you do?
Quote by licitanarchy
Peavey 6505 or 5150, oh yea, and the Bogner Ubershell (he said any price)

^ Great for modern metal. I'd add Rivera Knucklehead, and a peavey xxx.
But what type of metal do you play, and wouldnt you want to consider a combo instead?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Engl SE, diezel vh4 or herbert, bogner uberschall, framus cobra, vht ultralead, cornford hellcat, koch powertone, soldano SLO, they're all worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i like daves list but i would add the Engl Powerball, Rivera Knucklehead, and Mesa Mark IV
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^ aye, I probably left some out, lol.

I should just save a word file on my computer of all the good high gain tube amps, and then just copy and paste it. One of these threads comes up at least once a day...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Theres loads.

Whats best is probably a matter of opinion and what style of metal
you want to play.

A few current manufacturers would be

Marshall
Mesa Boogie
Engl
Krankenstein
Peavey
Soldano

etc etc etc

Apart from my current setup I would'nt mind trying the following

Mesa Traxis
VHT Power Amp
Eventide Effects
Mesa/Marshall 4x12
Quote by rockers73

Mesa Traxis
VHT Power Amp
Eventide Effects
Mesa/Marshall 4x12

That sounds like it would be a very nice setup

however krank amps blow IMO so much bass its unbelieve able its all mud
I haven't tried a Krank Syn are they not that good?
I think there quite hard to get hold off in the uk.
ENGL Savage SE is the best IMO. Kranks are overpriced crap, the Krank Revolution is O.K. but not worth it and the Krank Krankenstein is ****.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by rockers73
I haven't tried a Krank Syn are they not that good?
I think there quite hard to get hold off in the uk.

Ya imo they are garbage i have played the Revolution and the Kranenstein or whatever its called. both are "Krap" its all bas i turned the bass to 0 the treble and presence to 10 and ti was still all bass and the distortion was so muddy it was unbelieveable. it honestly sound like the speakers were covered in mud they are just horrible amps and horribly overpriced
Quote by Cone 21
ENGL Savage SE is the best IMO. Kranks are overpriced crap, the Krank Revolution is O.K. but not worth it and the Krank Krankenstein is ****.

the savage se is awesome, but it's more aimed at hard rock and classic metal (though it'll do modern metal better than plenty of amps aimed at modern metal, IMO!)- the engl se is where it's at for modern metal from the engl range- along with the powerball (and presumably fireball) for less cash.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
mesa boogie and engl. come on mesa used by the makers of metal... metallica. lol
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
I'm looking for kind of a slayer sound
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
^ marshall jcm800 or splawn quickrod?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if dont have alot of money spiderIIs are good solid state amps, but if u have the money to get something cool, go with marshalls(best amps ever IMO)
If I had a choice of any amp for metal at any price, I'd be playing a Mesa Road King.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ aye, I probably left some out, lol.

I should just save a word file on my computer of all the good high gain tube amps, and then just copy and paste it. One of these threads comes up at least once a day...

go for it lol
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Any Metal amp, It would probably be a Mesa Mark IV or a Rivera Knucklehead
Quote by sylent
mesa boogie and engl. come on mesa used by the makers of metal... metallica. lol

Black Sabbath Were Metaling it up way before Metallica so by right Laneys are the amps used by the makers of Metal
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
what kind of metal?

ps dont get a krank no matter what. theyre overpriced and sound like shiat
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Single Solo 50 Recto Head
Fender Tele
Fender Strat
Fender Jazz Bass
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Marshall G10MKII 40 Watt Combo
Peavey Austin 400 210 Watt Combo
Crate BFX100 Bass Combo