I currently have a line 6 flextone 3 and it just not doing it for me any more. I've been having some probelms with it and I just cant get the right sound sometimes. Has anyone else had probelms with line 6? I play rock mostly punk with heavy distortion stuff and was wondering what would be a good amp for this I also want something that has a good lead sound something else I had a probelm with in my line 6. BTW I need something that wont give me a lot of feedback and if I stop abrublty while playing with lots of distortion wont hum out. I have about a $1200 I was thinking a marshall half stack or any half stack for that matter this is what I'm looking at right now if anyone has played this or have it please tell me how it. is.http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_marshall_avt150hx_half_stack?full_sku=482639
Someone also has reccommended that Carvins were good so any info on either of these would be great.
http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=MTS412&CID=GA
BTW I've been playing for almost three years and am in a band so I need something I can play a show with.Thanks
Last edited by Osiris77 at Aug 21, 2006,
at my schools talent show last year there was a blues guitarist who was doing a solo and his amp kept cutting out, i thought it was funny, it was also a line 6 i would get a fender amp they havent faild me yet
Roland Cube maybe? but it would help to know how much, those are pretty cheap compared to others.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
yeah i had a line 6 spider II...bad decision buying that. not sure about what your looking for, there seem to be a lot of amps that would match your preferences. ive heard teh roland cube is a great amp for high distortion (never played one so i might be wrong)
Quote by he_is_kyle
price range?

about $1200
Last edited by Osiris77 at Aug 20, 2006,
Go for a Marshall half-stack. It doesn't matter what genre you play, Marshalls kick ass in everything!!!
Hmmm might be able to get a carvin MTS half-stack for that a grand. I've heard they're good for high-gain stuff.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
Hmmm might be able to get a carvin MTS half-stack for that a grand. I've heard they're good for high-gain stuff.

That looks pretty cool but do know any nation wide guitar stores that sell these?
Last edited by Osiris77 at Aug 21, 2006,
Quote by chris24789
its a hybrid

So what exactly does that mean anyway, is it a good amp?
tube in preamp, ss in poweramp (or the other way around i dunno). not that great, you could do much better at that price range.
Quote by flogrock
tube in preamp, ss in poweramp (or the other way around i dunno). not that great, you could do much better at that price range.

Do you have any suggestion?