I recently bought a Epiphone Les paul. And I don't seem to be able to make a pinch harmonic with Les paul models. Is there a diffrent technique for it? I managed to pinch harmonic on Ibanez and othe stratocaster guitars, but Im just not able to do it on a les paul. Could someone explain this to me? Ive seen lots of people do it on a les paul... so I doubt its not possible.

Thanx in advance,

Zynex
it shouldnt make a difference at all, although where you pick to make them might have changed. try different places on each string.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
yeah the "sweet spot" as i like to call it might be a bit different, or it could be technique...keep practicing and find the spot
its most likely because on les pauls the spots for the harmonics have moved so its a case of finding them.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
the sweet spot on my lp is like right under the neck pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Samick Corsair (custom evh paint job)
Bever Creek Acoustic
Boss DS-1
Behringer Bx108
Behringer Kx1200
Pinch harmonics can be done on any guitar. Its just a matter of technique and knowing where the harmonic nodes are. You can even pinch on an acoustic. It makes no difference if its an LP or an Ibanez.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Quote by devandivine
the sweet spot on my lp is like right under the neck pickup

yeah thats where the spot is on mine
On most les paul's iv'e played the perfect harmonic spot is in between the two pickups, but closer to the neck pickup.

BUT it all depends on what note on the fretboard you are doing a Pinch harmonic on, because the spot changes places as you move up and down the fretboard.

Usually the best places to do Pinch harmonics is where the 24th fret "theoritically" should be in relation to the note...

anyways, just find that sweet spot.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
oh oh ! I KNOW THIS!!! PICK ME!! yeh k... on the neck pickup.. i do mine on the right side of the pickup if that makes any sense.. so the part of the pickup thats closer to the bridge pickup. most of them for les paul are around the neck pickup
Quote by NickRaciti
Ladies don't spit.

(they swallow)

Quote by altronataku
The last nine or ten false readings in gravity wave detectors have been due to the gravity field of my nads.
Quote by EpitaphMan440
On most les paul's iv'e played the perfect harmonic spot is in between the two pickups, but closer to the neck pickup.

BUT it all depends on what note on the fretboard you are doing a Pinch harmonic on, because the spot changes places as you move up and down the fretboard.

Usually the best places to do Pinch harmonics is where the 24th fret "theoritically" should be in relation to the note...

anyways, just find that sweet spot.

you do know there is more than one 'sweet spot'?
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
yeah you can hit multiple pinch harmonics just depends what note you want you can do every harmonic that you would do on say the 2.5th fret 3rd 4th 5th 6th all that without using your left hand just your picking hand but it depends what tone you want from the harmonic
Quote by VashHash
yeah you can hit multiple pinch harmonics just depends what note you want you can do every harmonic that you would do on say the 2.5th fret 3rd 4th 5th 6th all that without using your left hand just your picking hand but it depends what tone you want from the harmonic

Totally
So if you want to love me then darlin' don't refrain,
Or I'll just end up walkin' In the cold November rain

ӨήӘ
ŝ
ỴØǙ
ĿÎҜξ
Ǐ
ĐӨ...