My dad has decided that he's buying me a new amp but he seems to think marshalls are the only amps that can get a tone out of them and theres no changing his mind *sigh* he's willing to pay about £250-£300 on it, any suggestions?

also, his eliteness isnt all bad, hes buying me an american made fender strat cos he thinks mexi ones are pointless lol
I'd say try and get a good deal on a DSL401 or keep trying to convince him not to get a Marshall
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
^Yeah, although DSL401's are quite pricey (new).
They are about $500 used though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yeah youre going to have go used, to get any decent marshall for that price.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Notice he's saying pounds and not dollars.
300 pounds is a little bit more than 300 dollars.
Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Thoreau

Ibanez Ex-370 For Sale!
yeah i know, thats about $500, which around the price of a good used marshall combo.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
He could try one of the amps in the Valvestate series. I have one and I love it!! Their prices fall into the range of what your dad wants to spend.
Marshall 8240 Valvestate combo from 1986
Crate X15R
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Get a used Marhsall DSL401, nice amps.

But also try out some Laneys too, great amps.

Definately DO NOT Get a Marshall MG or AVT.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I know about the MGs, I'm not blind i do read the comments on this forum :p
I'll try for the DSL cos he'd probably spend that much, he'd settle for a VOX only if it was an AC30 (as he's a rory gallagher nut) and he wont spend that much yet
Quote by R_H_C_P
Get a used Marhsall DSL401, nice amps.

i guess thats one opinion.
Marty
i've got one, i love it. it could be better (better metal tones) but it'll cover anything from blues to hardrock well.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
tell your dad I said he was a dick. that's right.

then take him to a shop and try out something like a cornford or a cornell.

if he plain WON'T be budged, just make sure it's an all-valve marshall- not an AVT or MG.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll go with that DSL I could probably get it cheaper as my dad has a lot of contacts in music and guitar playing, and I'll get a pedal for the metal tone
Quote by Punk_Ninja
he'd settle for a VOX only if it was an AC30 (as he's a rory gallagher nut) and he wont spend that much yet

Tell him about the Laney VC-30: its a Vox copy, jsut cheaper. Amazing amp!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Dave_Mc
tell your dad I said he was a dick. that's right.

then take him to a shop and try out something like a cornford or a cornell.

if he plain WON'T be budged, just make sure it's an all-valve marshall- not an AVT or MG.

dave if you have an angry father knocking on your door in the next few days, dont be suprised!

although i agree with the above, try and get your dad to look into laney or, like everyone else said, try for a dsl combo.
* Sigs dave *

And used JCM 800 & 900 combos go for around 250 quid on eBay, also check classifieds in magazines and on this site
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone

i second the vc30, if your dad wants a voxy-ish tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?