in my high school there is this thing called spirit week. its a contest between all four grades. one of the events is a battle of the bands. we get specific themes every year and have to play music around that theme. last year, we played boys of summer.. our theme was summer of course and we took first : )

but now, our theme is army. so, help me out guys.. i need music relating to army stuff.

EDIT: stuff about unity, warriors, fighting, war in general, politics... anything would be great
Originally posted by Leftover_Crack
Punk rock is: "Haha, I fucked your mom!"
Emo is: "I had sex with your mom.. why hasn't she called?"
Last edited by KingPolac89 at Aug 20, 2006,
Green Fields of France is a great song - also a great statement on war (and glorification of the army - no offense, but what the hell is your school doing having an army-themed spirit week?)

You could also do Masters of War by Bob Dylan...
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
play political songs like Refuse/Resist by Sepultura
Quote by boredloserkid1
i have 3 balls n no penis..its called flopeouinesinea

Quote by Burpin'Worm
I'd suck off my grandad while getting bummed by my dad and tossed off by my brother for a million.
Quote by JoHNNERz
Green Fields of France is a great song - also a great statement on war (and glorification of the army - no offense, but what the hell is your school doing having an army-themed spirit week?)

You could also do Masters of War by Bob Dylan...

well, my grade has army for our overall theme. im a junior. the seniors have navy.. and so on

EDIT: lol i wonder if i could spin this into politics... *im sure everyone would be happy with american idiot

* = sarcasm
Oh OK...

That's still a very gay idea for spirit week but whatever...

I still say do "Masters Of War" by Bob Dylan. That song pisses me off every time I listen to it.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
yeah, its a dumb theme... i gotta have a chat with the ppl who suggest this stuff
Disposable Heroes by Metallica
Civil War by Guns N Roses
Peace Sells by Megadeth
Commercial Suicide by Kills For Thrills
In The Navy by The Villaige People
Quote by Xander-Xone

In The Navy by The Villaige People

but i agree that civil war would be great for that, because everybody is bound to know it, and it fits the theme
the 1812 overture
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
The Trooper by Iron Maiden its easy and its a great song.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Metallica- One

lol
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
war - edwid starr (good god yall.. what is it good for?)

goodbye blue sky - pink floyd.. then do a follow up with bring the boys back home - pink floyd and then end with give peace a chance

i dont want to get drafted - frank zappa

lucky man - emerson, lake and palmer
MIA - Avenged Sevenfold

One of my favorite songs. As an OEF/OIF Veteran I really like the song because it's not political, he's simply telling the story from the perspective of a solider (one of his friends actually). It doesn't cross the line into politics and that makes a huge difference.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
civil war by guns n roses or for the love of god by steve vai. i see the music video and it isn't just war, but its just like if you play that people will be like wow that really spoke to me. it does to me at least
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by Punk as atticus at Aug 21, 2006,
Quote by MudGuitar220
play political songs like Refuse/Resist by Sepultura

My goodness, that would be fun.

My immediate thoughts went to Maiden, though. Or maybe One by Metallica.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Disposable Heroes by Metallica, most definitiely. Or War Pigs, but that's more political.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i think... i should create a medly... somehow... ive still got to sit down and talk with the other kids that are involved, but ive definatley got alot to bring to the table.

i thank everyone for thier contributions.
Quote by kmbuchamushroom
I'm definitely digging "Give peace a chance". I like how it twist the theme alot, more of a F*ck the theme type thing y' know?

exactly.. the medley i described (goodbye blue sky.. bring the boys back, give peace a chance) would be a very nice war medley.. goodbye blue sky shows how war fXcks people over and ruins the 'good world' they fight for.. bring the boys back home, just a call to get out of the mid-east.. give peace a chance would just be a kick in the face of war.. like, "hey shut up with that killing BS for a second."
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

openin riff has such a vietnam feel