i have an ibanez lo-trs trem (i kno it sux), but everytime i screw in the whammy bar, it scrapes the high e saddle, and damages both the saddle and the whammy bar, and i have to take the bar out cuz the gigs bag i have wont the guitar with the bar screwed in, any tips, solutions?thanx
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
sounds like the hole for the whammy bar is drilled crooked, in which case you need a new bridge if you dont want to keep damaging the saddle.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
thanx, but theres a hex nut where the bar goes, if i made that higher , that it wouldnt hit the saddle, is this possible?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
If im not mistaken, in the cavity, at the trem block, underneath the arm there's a spring locker screw. Probably your spring has lost its spunginess. Dont tighten the arm all the way down, you'll risk ruining the thread, if you want it tighter, just apply some amount of plumber's tape on the arm's thread and screw it back in, enough for it to be higher than the saddle.

EDIT: ok, you could try tightening the screw at the back of the trem so that it could push the arm set a little higher.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Aug 20, 2006,
thanx, i always keep the arm pointing always from the strings its out of the way and i hate when it moves around, so thanx and if any1 else has ideas feel free to share
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
i unscrewed the screw at bottom of the whammy bar hole, and there is no spring
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Go to your music store and ask for those trem springs that you stick into the bar holes. (not the big ones that you fit in the cavity, but those small ones.
Hmm, no spring eh, you should have at least 1 spring AFAIK, just like this parts diagram.

number 20
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Hmm, no spring eh, you should have at least 1 spring AFAIK, just like this parts diagram.

number 20

yea, that thing

whoever numbered that diagram probably had a liquid lunch that day
^...... ur saying what dave said when i 1st post that diagram...........................
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
k thanx alot
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by madpickin03
^...... ur saying what dave said when i 1st post that diagram...........................

Yep.