Hey there! I have a Deluxe strat with S1 stacked pup technology.

I've tired of the samarium cobalt sound, well not completely. The cobalt translates the vibrations perfectly, meaning it doesn't color the sound at all like alnico does.

So questions:

A. Which pups should i purchase for the absolute best hot single coil toen, with minimal/no hum.

B. Whats the best way to install them? Can i sumhow stack 2 of them so I can keep my S-1 versatility? Or is a better option to buy just one pickup and add it next to my bridge pup so it would look like a slanted humbucker. Is this even feasible???

C. How much do you think a shop would charge for something like this?
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
i dont think you can do what you are thinking of. 1) im pretty sure they arent stacked, and if they are you have to get stacked pickups, you cant just put two on top of each other. 2) the s1 switching is a giante ass tangle of wires, so unless you're really good dont bother wiring it yourself. trust me ive seen whats inside that monster. 3) a shop will probably charge alot for that because its such a complex job.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
well you can check out Virtual Vintage Heavy blues stacked pups from dimarzio.
really hot, run silent, nice full tone. better than my hot rails.

and as for swapping out s1 pups.
im pretty sure as long as u get a 4 wire single. u can work something out under that mess.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hmm, would there be enough room within my guitar to route out and add another pickup next to by bridges one? Or are there just to many wires for that to be feasible? What could i do for the volume pot?
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
u sound like u want 4 single coils?

i wouldnt do anything like that. but u can get a stacked mini bucker (one single stacked on top of the other) and split it, so its similar to having a mini bucker/single sound at the flick of a switch.

i know that's basically what uve got now wt ur s-1 but it would be a more drastic sound as its mini bucker to single.

as for the schematics, it would depend on the brand/type of pickup u went with. and it's something i dont have as ive never rewired an s1.

i have one, have taken off the guard, and seen that mess of wires. it just isnt something im enthusiastic about taking apart.
i have a different strat i use for hot sounds. i like the scns the way they are.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011