I dont really know where to put this so...

I have been trying to learn the solo form Children of Bodom's song Mask of Sanity and im learning and practicing it in a different way then i usually would with hard solos. Im learning it piece by piece and i wont move on to another piece of the solo till the one im working on is at the right speed and sounds right. Anyway, i have beem working on this fast little part barely even halfway into the solo for about a month and its honestly pissing me off to the point that i want to punch a hole through a wall. I am mainly mad do to the fact that i can play it perfectly but i cant connect it with other pieces of the solo (i just choke when i get to this one spot). I can play the parts seperately but not all of them together. Has anyone had this problem before and do you have any advice?

Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by HedBanger24/7

I have been trying to learn the solo form Children of Bodom's song Mask of Sanity and im learning and practicing it in a different way then i usually would with hard solos. Im learning it piece by piece and i wont move on to another piece of the solo till the one im working on is at the right speed and sounds right. Anyway, i have beem working on this fast little part barely even halfway into the solo for about a month and its honestly pissing me off to the point that i want to punch a hole through a wall. I am mainly mad do to the fact that i can play it perfectly but i cant connect it with other pieces of the solo (i just choke when i get to this one spot). I can play the parts seperately but not all of them together. Has anyone had this problem before and do you have any advice?

Thanks.

it used to happen to me , just practice more
youve only practiced the parts seperate, and not all of them together, so dont expect it to just connect right away.
Quote by HedBanger24/7

Thanks.

it used to happen to me , just practice more
start by playing the last few notes of the section before it and gradually add more to the starting point until you get to the beginning
It happen always to me. Just play it all the way through. There's lick that took me a couple of months to play it smoothly.