Page 1 of 2
Hey so somewhere else on this board I saw a link for this band, thanks to whoever put up the link because this band seriously owns, their mix of electro-grindcore madness is a sweet symphony. Its like Horse meets the Locust. Anyways I thought this band deserved thier own thread for you all to check out so here you go, Ill post a link.

http://myspace.com/cuttingpinkwithknives

I think the first two songs on the page are the best Iv heard from them yet. They look like they put on a hella sweet live show aswell.

btw... if anyone has thier cd wanna send me it on aim? i cant pay them in pounds considering im american
They're pretty cool. Definitely something I'd have to take in small doses, though.
^ Yeah the vocals are pretty tight, I cant think of anyone right now who really sounds just like that guy. Anyone actually know any other bands that sound like these guys? Id love to hear more stuff like this.
^ haha word, genghis tron own though so its all good. yeah i can see the resemblence to the guy from gay for johnny depp but this band is much better musically.
**** yes.
They've been one of my favourite bands for years or such.
Since I heard their first ep...whenever.
They're an awful band, and I'm sure there was a thread on them a couple of weeks or so ago.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^ i dont think so, its all sorta the same, electro, synth, its overdone
Quote by stratstrummer

Hey so somewhere else on this board I saw a link for this band, thanks to whoever put up the link because this band seriously owns, their mix of electro-grindcore madness is a sweet symphony.

that was probably (definitely) me i think who put the link up. I do quite like them really, really annoyed i missed their recent uk tour.

I've got their two albums: first one called Alef! Alef! Alef! is just terrying in its brutality and apart from a few choice tracks i can't really listen to much. Oh Wow! is great however really upbeat and fun and 'wacky cool', though i did get strangely bored of it after 3 days.

They did a radio 1 session for their one Music show as well, that was really amazing and it's the best thing by them i have in all honesty.

There are some videos of them youtube i think. looks very awesome.

Great band
Quote by andrewbiles
They're an awful band, and I'm sure there was a thread on them a couple of weeks or so ago.

quiet you
Quote by Craigo
Grind seems to get more original ideas everyday.

I feel Grind gets destroyed everyday
with bands like Heavy Heavy Low Low classyfing themselves as grindcore and kids believing they are, which they most certainly are not
^^ Depends which way you look at it. HeavyHeavyLowLow sprawned from a completely different background to many of the older grind bands. I perfer the grind which comes out of the scene opposed to metal orinated grind.
Quote by Craigo
^^ Depends which way you look at it. HeavyHeavyLowLow sprawned from a completely different background to many of the older grind bands. I perfer the grind which comes out of the scene opposed to metal orinated grind.

But I can't see the Heavy Heavy Low Low or like Me and Him Call It Us, etc style as grind. It might be even scene originated grind. However, Grindcore originated from hardcore not metal, just metal heads tend to view grindcore as a form of metal.
I mean its grindCORE.
Bands like Pig Destroyer, Leng Tch'e, Magrudergrind are grindcore influenced by hardcore
Bands like Nasum, Brutal Truth are more metal based grindcore bands

Just bands like Heavy Heavy Low Low (no offense to any fans in here) just sound like mush and really to me don't have any talent. That's my opinion
Quote by kaktusnpoop
I feel Grind gets destroyed everyday
with bands like Heavy Heavy Low Low classyfing themselves as grindcore and kids believing they are, which they most certainly are not

Truth.

Even though I hate both real grindcore and the crap that gets labeled grindcore today . 95% of them, anyway.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by kaktusnpoop
But I can't see the Heavy Heavy Low Low or like Me and Him Call It Us, etc style as grind. It might be even scene originated grind. However, Grindcore originated from hardcore not metal, just metal heads tend to view grindcore as a form of metal.
I mean its grindCORE.
Bands like Pig Destroyer, Leng Tch'e, Magrudergrind are grindcore influenced by hardcore

Just bands like Heavy Heavy Low Low (no offense to any fans in here) just sound like mush and really to me don't have any talent. That's my opinion

Fair enough - but I never called HeavyHeavyLowLow grind. I just said it was from a different background.

I get what you're saying, so I take back my previous statement. Still doesn't change the background from where it's from though and stuff. But - it doesn't really bother me - I enjoy music from both areas (with the exception of the really bad syth bands)
Quote by Craigo
Fair enough - but I never called HeavyHeavyLowLow grind. I just said it was from a different background.

I get what you're saying, so I take back my previous statement. Still doesn't change the background from where it's from though and stuff. But - it doesn't really bother me - I enjoy music from both areas (with the exception of the really bad syth bands)

Yeah i enjoy some of that stuff, not particularlly Heavy Heavy Low Low, but I dig some Me and Him Call It Us, and See You Next Tuesday

I don't mean to talk down about that stuff, some it ain't that bad honestly
I just don't think it's grindcore
Quote by kaktusnpoop
I mean its grindCORE.

Well some people classify grind and grindcore differently.

I think grind in general was more of a metal thing..Carcass, Napalm death, Repulsion...and grindcore came later from bands like that, and "evovled" alittle, if you will.
Quote by technicolour

I think grind in general was more of a metal thing..Carcass, Napalm death, Repulsion...and grindcore came later from bands like that, and "evovled" alittle, if you will.

I see what you're saying
Quote by technicolour

True but Napalm Death have hardcore elements, hence, "Grindcore".
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Gomorrah
True but Napalm Death have hardcore elements, hence, "Grindcore".

and the bazillion siege covers they do
^^true enough. but either way this cutting pink with knives........wow. not music to my ears. sorry but i just dont see it. ill admit, cool idead and good voice, but the way they put it together isnt working out for them.
I guarantee that these will be huge within six months. A mate and I have pursuaded them to play my town which is ace They're stopping over at my mates house for the night after the gig.

Can't wait.
the difference between alef alef alef and populuxxe (their new album) is insane.. its like complete electronic noise to synthpoprock with slight noisiness. I still prefer their new album though.. anyone got it?
nothiinn
Man, they're playing The Lido on the 2nd of November? That's like 10 mins from my house. It's a shame that The Lido sucks.

This band is pretty bad as well.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I like this band sometimes....they're catchy but they seem to grow old very quickly.
-Zach
oh my god, Napalm Death started as a hardcore/crust punk band how could it possibly be metal (back then til FETO at least)?

CPWK is much older than all that scene grind.

And Nasum basically came from the Swedish hardcore scene, and I don't mean ****ing Refused.
Page 1 of 2