ok i am really really angery i have been playing for about 8 1/2 months now. so last week a was able to sweep and now i just cant seem to get it. I always miss 2 or 3 notes should i even be attempting sweeping at 8 months because ive heard that sweepiing is really hard and u should learn it after youve been playing for a while and could i get some tips on sweeping all would be appreciated
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four
fender frontman possibly for sale

Quote by Pleiadian
(with active EMG-HZ pickups)
I don't even know any songs where people sweep in em
I say learn how to play guitar before you sweep
and how long have u been playing
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four

Quote by Pleiadian
ya thats probaly why

EDIT: shred isnt gay
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four

Quote by Pleiadian
IMO sweeping sounds TERRIBLE wen used in a song, but I'd say wait a while, get down economy picking, and if you haven't already, learn alot of scales. They'll help you when you sweep.
Dickless.
I wouldn't trust a guy whose sig says that shredding is gay to tell me anything about guitar technique. Shredding is very useful for soloing and a lot of classical songs use slow sweeps.
Listen To Towards Dead End And Tell Me Those Sweeps Dont Sound Good
I don't listen to metal... thus I've never really heard a song that used sweeps.. seems to me like people should master the guitar before they get into sweeping
ive learned music theroy so i know plenty of scales and also i have mastered the economy picking style
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four

Quote by Pleiadian
a good song to start sweeping on is hangar 18 by megadeth its a simple Am triad. But something that took me a while to figure was that when getting to the string you change direction on skip over the sting then change directions. IE in hangar 18 theres
-----17--13-------------------13--------------------
--------------15------------15--------------------
-----------------14-----14------------------------
---------------------15-------------------------
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
on the 15th fret on the d string skip over the string and start the upstroke.
Sweeping is a hard technique for most people to grasp (at least for the people that i've met) Basically i know your not gonna wanna hear this old fashioned answer but..... all you have to do is practice it. Start an arpeggio pattern slow then speed it up till you feel like your at a comfortable speed. Just remember that you basically will not get it exactly right the first time and more then likely not even the 2nd,3rd,4th,etc... its a game of patience. Plus go out and buy a metronome they work wonders for these kind of techniques.
okay, so it might be a bit early to learn this at 8 months, but here is the actuall technique for it. pretty much just let the pick fall down across all of the strings as your fingers are running some kind of arpeggio like this:
----------------12h17p12---------------------
--------13--------------------13---------
---14------------------------------14---
-----------------------------------------
and then repeat that. i can do the little three string ones like that but once you get to five, six string sweeps then u r over my head. i am sure i have said nothing u havent already read in an article somewhere but that is pretty much it. start slow, work up the tempo, practice. maybe dont even start with notes and just work on letting the pick flow across the strings to get the feel of that and then start to add the notes.
i was attempting a 5 string sweep which i was able to day for a day problay only cus i played really long
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four

Quote by Pleiadian
Quote by hrdcorekidx
ive learned music theroy so i know plenty of scales and also i have mastered the economy picking style

after 8 months? damn. Go for it I guess, just start off slow and build up speed.
Dickless.