Actually, this is my 3rd attempt, but my free time is quite limited.

WARNING: I've EQ'ed the hell out of this, so if you have any active EQ running... set it flat or who knows what you'll really hear!

Regardless, the "ending" is where the break will be with 2 to 3 bars of solid blues type lead then back to some more vox while building up to the true ending.

I wonder if anyone will notice the little differences? In fact there's quite a few subtle changes. FWIW, I did pull the effects off my vox, so you will be hearing my actual voice without effects.

Hopefully I will finish this song one of these days... but you know how it can be sometimes. When it is finished, I will place this where it can be streamed... cause it is getting a little bigger than I anticipated for an MP3.

I would, one day, like to throw a little of my keyboard prowess out there for a crit, but that will have to wait until another time

As usual... good or bad, I will crit 4 crit... when I have the time, but I will return any crit... like I always do.

Click this and it will download straight to your computer.

Thanks for listening.
the vocals sound better without the effects, and i can hear the eqing, sounds pretty good. wat u do for drums? the vocals o me seem pitchy at times, but the rhythm is pretyy good. i like the l;yrics too, and the acoustic tone. about the eq, idk if its me, but seems like there is ALOT of treble, maybe turn the higher levels down? i think you need a bit of variation for the song, although trhe little leads parts are pretty good, maybe make a longer one, maybe with a distorted solo would sound cool

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416423
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
great job, it sounds better than last time. i'm such a fan of this song, its one of my favorite originals on this site. great job

-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by The2abraxis
the vocals sound better without the effects, and i can hear the eqing, sounds pretty good. wat u do for drums? the vocals o me seem pitchy at times, but the rhythm is pretyy good. i like the l;yrics too, and the acoustic tone. about the eq, idk if its me, but seems like there is ALOT of treble, maybe turn the higher levels down? i think you need a bit of variation for the song, although trhe little leads parts are pretty good, maybe make a longer one, maybe with a distorted solo would sound cool

The drums are real. They're me playing a nice little set of Yammy's with a full set of Sabian's. What I do is record the drums separately and then use pieces of those recordings for my songs. I literally have thousands of different beats of my own... although I have purchased a few CD's of drum wavs... these are all me.

The only treble EQ'ing you should be hearing is on my vox. The rest are cut to -30dB from 4kHz and over. IDK.. I thought it made me sound a little clearer.

Quote by alaub1491
its pretty good. nice recording. how did you do it?

You can find my little setup in posts # 9 and # 11 in this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416755

The strings are from my Korg Triton.. so those are synthed... the organ is a real Hammond B3, but the Leslie cabs didn't seem to make it through to well in the MP3 to me.
Giving it a listen now. Great quality. Really like the first riff. Its nice. You do seem a bit pitchy at the beginning. IT didnt seem treblely to me. I like this song a lot, but I think you could have given the vocals another try maybe. They're good, but it feels like you could do better.

I was wondering if you could listen to mine. You usually give good advice and/or tell people what to do about mixing, I just wanted an opinion.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417270
It's definitely better than the last version. I like your voice. It fits the song well. My only complaint is that there is a slight buzz in the background once the vocals start.
Better, there's some buzz in the back though. It almost sounds as if its deliberate with the timing...and the pitch. Take it out, it's really obnoxious panned way to the back right...
Good job, vocals sound much better than before...very strained on the higher parts.
Drums sound very good, really "clean." I might go for some more cymbal crashes though,

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416078
Crit for crit!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Sweet Bill - still loving this groovey tune, it rawks.

Not sure about the 4Khz cutoff - thats more than three quarters of the human range of hearing you have removed from the mix, and it also happens to include all the 'air' frequencies (the sparkly ones that contain all the fine detail).

I reckon if you cut your vocals from 120Hz and below, your guitars from 90Hz and below and your bass from 60Hz and below you will achieve the same clarity but with more definition and sexy sparkles. Try EQ'ing the mids of your guitars while you listen hard to your vocal - you will be surprised at how your ears will tune in to the space you create for the vocal by gently cutting (even by only 2 or 3 db) the guitars, espeically in the 500hz - 1000hz range.

Anyhow this tune is awesome - top dollar man, good work.

Edit: I know it seems odd to chop the bottom end off of your guitars and bass, but think about your speakers - they almost certainly don't have any response to speak of below 40Hz and wont be very accurate below about 60Hz at best (even if it says they can do it in the specs). These low frequencies create mud in the mix as they are not defined or represented very well by either your speakers or the initial recording (check your mic's frequency response graph and notice how is falls away at the bottom).
Top 5:
1) Only The Cool Climb - Tj1
2) My Favorite Dress - ~King_Of_Foolz~
3) She Once Was My Playmate - Tj1
4) Lovers Lullaby - KOF
5) Cold Dark Room - Ditda
Last edited by ElectricMonk at Aug 21, 2006,
To Myguitarhatesme and That_Pink_Queen

I think the buzz must be from the cellos I used to add in another bass line. I'll pull that track out later... but they do sound nice in the wav file.

To ElectricMonk:

Ahhh.. I see a little clarification is in order.
The snare and cymbals have nothing cut below 18kHz... so you can hear the shimmery side of them.

The vox are slighlty boosted from about 450Hz through about 6kHz so they have a little more accentuation and articulation.

The guitars were cut on anything over 4Khz...

If I really wanted to get into it, I would have to go through each of the 24 tracks of it I've laid down... just to give you exact details. I tried to keep my explanation simple so some of the others might understand it a little easier.

If you want, I can give you precise details of the EQ'ing for each track, but I can't see you being too interested in that.

I would have quoted all of you in this reply, but something is hanging on UG when I quote others. Its probably something on my end, but I don't have the time right now to figure that out.