Little Barrie

Wondered if anyone here had heard of them?..a great band in my opinion, very Hendrix-esque.

I don't want any flaming or
"dudeorz this band sukz! no way is he as good As teh Jimi!"

I'm just saying that the singer/guitarist has a very Hendrix like style and I think some of the guitar work, in my eyes atleast is pretty impressive.

Anyway..have a listen, discuss and tell me what you think of them and whatever.
Originally Posted by ygokazuki
Will_Gum knows what he's talking about

Originally Posted by RedDeath9
Is this the kinda thread like the one that Will_Gum made about eating his baby brother or something? Because it's not as good..
Last edited by Will_Gum at Aug 20, 2006,
hey i live in barrie
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Is that place not spelt "Barry"..?

correct me if I'm wrong though..which is very likely

EDIT: I stand corrected..

Is this the kinda thread like the one that Will_Gum made about eating his baby brother or something? Because it's not as good..
Last edited by Will_Gum at Aug 20, 2006,
Absolutely adore them. I think me and about four other people are the only ones in America who have ever even heard of them, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
barries spelt barrie
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by VoodooChild15
Absolutely adore them. I think me and about four other people are the only ones in America who have ever even heard of them, though.

I'm just relieved someone else on this website knows of them.. You have impeccable taste sir

hey i'm one of 'em too lol!!! i remember posting a thread a while back and somebody replied the same way, that they couldn't believe anybody had heard of them. i usually don't buy CDs out of nowhere but i was compelled to buy theirs. i kept seeing the video for free salute played on mtvu, but nobody i knew heard of them and there were no lyrics or anything online. i figured that i was destined to get this CD if the song only seems to play for me, so i bought it! i mean that song is definitely the best on the album, but it's a great song and the rest is good too.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Same sort of thing happened for me..Only me and a friend have ever heard them over here..

Nice Avatar by the way..Up The Bracket is one of my favourite albums!

Last edited by Will_Gum at Aug 21, 2006,
Quote by sirpsycho85
hey i'm one of 'em too lol!!! i remember posting a thread a while back and somebody replied the same way, that they couldn't believe anybody had heard of them. i usually don't buy CDs out of nowhere but i was compelled to buy theirs. i kept seeing the video for free salute played on mtvu, but nobody i knew heard of them and there were no lyrics or anything online. i figured that i was destined to get this CD if the song only seems to play for me, so i bought it! i mean that song is definitely the best on the album, but it's a great song and the rest is good too.

Haha, I think that somebody was me. My friend found them through a guitar mag that had a little blurb about them. We looked them up and were hooked. I heard that they've got a new album coming out in October. I can't wait, and I'm interested to hear what they sound like with the new drummer.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
they got a new drummer?? but wasn't he also a rather prominent backup vocalist? hopefully this album will be good.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Maybe different in America but in Sydney a lot of people have known them for quite a while, they got a decent amount of recognition here when their album came out. 'Free Salute' is definitely the best song by them i think, but i was pretty disappointed by the rest of their stuff except for 'thinking on the mind'.

P.S. sirpsycho85, love the Arlo Guthrie quote!
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
Quote by sirpsycho85
they got a new drummer?? but wasn't he also a rather prominent backup vocalist? hopefully this album will be good.

Yeah, Wayne Fullwood went off to do his own thing and was replaced by some bloke named Billy Skinner, who's hair is always in his eyes. I really hope he's up to it, the drums were a major part of their sound. And I hope he can sing, since Stone's Throw and the like wouldn't be the same with Barrie on vocals.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
great band been looking for some tabs though tabs i need tabs would be awesome! specifically "why dont you do it" great song ne1 know of newhere that might have them to be honest if there not on here there pretty much nowhere they giv a good live show aswell saw them last year definately worth seeing if there around ooh and i weed in the same loo as him! claim to fame or what! although he looked at me odd when i shouted "WOOAH its little barrie" in my drunken mess