Ok, I Own A Spider 2 30 Watts........i Was Wondering If Any One New A Setting That Has The Sound Of Killswitch Engage, Or Unearth Or Hatebreed......(i Would Prefer It The Setting Had The "insane" Channel But "metal" Is Ok....
Umm, i have a spider II, the settings on it are decent. I play it with my modded Hyper Metal. So i forgot what the actaul distortion sounds like. But on the insane, i use.

BASS- 10
MID-5-6
TREBBLE-8-10

sounds decent for stuff you wanna play.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
be sparing with the gain. the insane channel is too much gain for anything. completely useless.

one of the metal channels sounds a little thicker, i forget which one...use that one, dial out some bass, crank the mids a bit and crank the treble.
dude if you have the insane mode, and set the bass all the way, or past 6, or have the gain past 5 or 6 or both, your gonna sound like ****. its way to muddy and heavey. it drowns your notes

but i go with the metal, bass around 6-8
high around 7 or more

and mids about 2-4

and the gain with the boost thing on about 8
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
stop typing in capitals like that...hurts my eyes.

um ok then

Metal Channel (i believe it was the red metal i liked)

Bass: 4-5
Mids: 6-7
Treble: 8ish

adjust to taste. i dont own one but i ****ed with a friends once...my amp is a peavey 5150 so yeah.
Quote by chums
dud eif you have the insane mode, and set the bass all the yway, or past 6, or have the gain past 5 or 6 and the bas sup, your gonna sound liek ****. its way to muddy and heavey. it drowns your notes

but i go with the metal, bass around 6-8
high around 7 or more

and mids about 2-4

and the gain with the boost thing on about 8

dude, no way, the spider is scoopy enough
Quote by SeraphSlaughter
dude, no way, the spider is scoopy enough

what do you mean.

mine isnt scooped soundin at all

except on the insane channel, and i have to tweak the **** out of the metal green channel
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
Quote by chums
what do you mean.

mine isnt scooped soundin at all

except on the insane channel, and i have to tweak the **** out of the metal green channel

when i played my friends, anything on the "metal" channel definately had a scoop going on. it wasnt too bad sounding, but cutting out even more mids = less cutting in a band situation, plus all around meh tone.
well it must be the pickups or something becuase mine dont sound **** like scooped,

but to the starter, dont go anywere past 7 with the bass or gain on the insane channel, its alot. and it covers up your sound like a bitch
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
Quote by chums
well it must be the pickups or something becuase mine dont sound **** like scooped,

but to the starter, dont go anywere past 7 with the bass or gain on the insane channel, its alot. and it covers up your sound like a bitch

played through it with my ran invader, loaded with jb/jazz pickups. very middy pickups.

i dont mean extremely scooped, but scooped.
Thanx For All Ur Post....i Think The Isane Channel Is Good Though

This Is How I Set It

Drive-all The Way
Bass-5
Mid-6
Treble-all The Way
Chan Vol-8-9

It Sounds Good.....oh And I Tune In D....(standard...but One Full Step Down)

Thanx U For All Ur Help Really Appreciate It