I know no theory, yet i dont want to. please dont make this a flame-fest. I have been looking into some "real chords." i dont know what sus means, 7, 6, and all that other stuff. I noticed that D7 is D but backwards. so a few questions:

1. what do the sus, 6, 4, 7, 9, etc. what do they mean?

2. How do i change i regular chord into a minor or a major?

thanks to everyone who helps me out, please make all answers as easy to understand as possible. i really appricieate it.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Well obviosuly you do want to know theory, because you are asking for some. so you probably shouldnt say that you dont want something when you dont know what it is. Anyways, sus means suspended. as in sus 4, which means you add the 4th note from the root note scale to the chord. for a 6, you add the 6th note, and so on. since you dont understand theory, you might not understand the chords. by changing a regular chord into a minor or a major you use either the minor or major 3rd from the scale in the chord.
again, you should learn theory to understand what that means.

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16
full baked i love how ur sig says R.I.P metallica lol.

if you know no theory, then this really isnt going to make any sense to you at all.

basicly chords are built off of their parent major scale. these are the forumulas for some common chords and an example in C

5 (powerchord) - 1 5 - C G
major - 1 3 5 - C E G
minor - 1 b3 5 - C Eb G
sus - 1 4 5 b7 - C F G Bb
sus4 - 1 4 5 - C F G
sus2 - 1 2 5 - C D G
6 - 1 3 5 6 - C E G A
7 - 1 3 5 b7 - C E G Bb
m7 - 1 b3 5 b7 - C Eb G Bb
maj7 - 1 3 5 7 - C E G B
9 - 1 3 5 b7 9(2) C E G Bb D

all the notes in C major are natural, so its C D E F G A B C. if you look at that you can see how each chord is built, just use the scale based from the name of your chord. any D chord is based off of the D major scale, E chords are based off of the E major scale, etc.
Ok... I'll try to use as little theory as possible in my explanation. We'll use a C chord as an example.

a C major chord is made up of 3 notes, C E G. In this case, the C is the root note, the E is the 3rd, and the G is the 5th. To make any chord a minor, you simply take this formula an make the 3rd flat (in the case an Eb), making the formula for a C minor chord C Eb G.

A sus chord is made when you remove the 3rd of the chord completely and put a 2nd or a 4th in its place. This creates a feeling where it sounds like your chord wants to return back to the regular major form, creating an interesting kind of tension.

A 7th chord (they can be major, minor, or dominant) is any chord with the 7th added onto it.

9s, 13s, or anything like that are any chords with the 9s or 13s in them. However, keep in mind that you need the 7th in the chord for it to be a 9th or a 13th. Also, in a 13th chord, for example, you can have the 9th but it is not mandatory.

Hmm... I tried my best to explain, but I'm sure this would be much much easier to do if you looked into theory a bit. In fact, knowing this without knowing the theory behind it is near useless. Anyway, cheers.
[SIZE=