hey, in the solo part, theres a sweeping part thing, is it tappin arpegios technique, or is it actually sliding, cuz av seen smn slidin in youtube and it looked stupid , and in the tapping arpegio thing it makes lots of sense,
and in this link
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gD1274xqro, the guy does a completly diffrent thing for the sweeping part, but it sounds the same, doesn anyone know the tab for this one
thanks alot
METAAALLLIIICCAAAA
in call of ktulu solo by metallica, theres an arpegio lick, its the only arpegio lick, thats the one am talkin about, in the tab he slides from 10th fret to 17th fret and then pull off 13, soo in another meanin its gotta be arpegio with tapping, cuz u cant do it unless ur extremly fast or got ur own way,
and in the link av posted, the guy does the arpegio part in a diffrent way, so i just wanted to make sure that the technique for that part IS tapping+arpegio, and if u could give me the tab for the arpegio part in the link av gave u, thanks
METAAALLLIIICCAAAA
I may be wrong, but in your link the guy does not tap that part at all. My friend plays this solo and i asked him to show me that part becuase it sounds neat. I play (and so does he) exactly how the powertab (found on this site) says to. I'm not "extremely fast", I just learned the part slowly and made sure I could do it correctly before I played it regular speed.

Don't be discouraged by this solo, its fairly difficult. I don't know how to play it, and haven't really tried becuase 1. I don't like metallica that much and 2. it would take too much time and effort (for me) to make it worth it - for me.

Oh, and I don't want to sound like a prick or anything but : You say you want a tab of the way the guy plays it in that vid. You have the video, you know how the song goes, you know what the notes are, so can't you just watch what he does?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
I think that Kirk Hammet does that on S&M with a slide and pull-off but no tapping.
hmmm..if its slide and pull off..what fingers :d..
does he bar frets 10 with his pinky and slides to 17 and pulls off 13 and then picks 15, if thats right i did it, but then u cant go back to the 10th fret with ur pinky on...dats my problem, and for iain4444, the original tab is not what ur friend did on the video thats why am asking :P, thanks anyways, if the tab u had was diffrent that its just a coinsidence, cuz i have more than 7 versions of the tab and they r all like what i said, fret 10, 17, 13, ur friends changed the 10 part which makes it alot easier, and if u notice in the video, ur friend doesnt have the slide sound, in the song the solo has a slide part, but who cares if u can play the whole thing :P, thanks anyways
METAAALLLIIICCAAAA
What string is the tapping on?

If it isn't on the E string you could just play it on a lower fret on the high e.
Quote by mustafallica
hmmm..if its slide and pull off..what fingers :d..
does he bar frets 10 with his pinky and slides to 17 and pulls off 13 and then picks 15, if thats right i did it, but then u cant go back to the 10th fret with ur pinky on...dats my problem, and for iain4444, the original tab is not what ur friend did on the video thats why am asking :P, thanks anyways, if the tab u had was diffrent that its just a coinsidence, cuz i have more than 7 versions of the tab and they r all like what i said, fret 10, 17, 13, ur friends changed the 10 part which makes it alot easier, and if u notice in the video, ur friend doesnt have the slide sound, in the song the solo has a slide part

Firstly, you seem to think I know the guy in the video, which I don't - where did you get that idea?

As for the fingering, just try different combinations until you find one that works, its easy.

Quote by mustafallica
but who cares if u can play the whole thing :P, thanks anyways

Sarcasim or not? I said I can't play it.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
lol sorry i though i read sth about u mentionin that ur his friends :P..
METAAALLLIIICCAAAA
you dont play the sweep on 10
you play the sweep on 15 and proceed to sweep the entire section