I was looking at some Buckethead and Morello stuff, and I thought I should buy a guitar with a killswitch. I like buckethead's button killswitch but I don't like the look of his guitar.. I would like a cool looking guitar with a Killswitch any ideas? (sorry if I sound like a n00b)
Originally Posted by"putnamehere"
You know youre a guitar player if you see hot girls and says:

"I'd tap her like a Van Halen solo"

and your friends are all:

"Dude, is that a new ice cream or something?"
i thought you meant the band at first...... thats why i clicked it....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
haha a push button kill switch thats odd.

I saw some John 5 custom tele with 2 volume controls on the guitar and nothing else. Id probally recommend that, or go wikipedia tom morello and find out his equipment and get one of those.
I'm not sure many guitars come with them. I believe you would have to get one installed. Also, Buckethead's guitar is custom, so you wouldn't be able to get one even if you did like the look of it.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Ostin

same here
Quote by Ostin

lmao me2, then i was sadly disappointed
------------------------------

ESP LTD F-250
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Bandit 112

------------------------------
yeah, you have to get the button kind installed, just buy a guitar with 2 volume knobs
Go get your shovel.

Get one like this. It's simply a toggle that kills the signal of the pickups. Also, install it around where Tom did, it's most comfortable there for toggle action.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Tom uses totaly different way to do it. What he does is he turns one pick-up too 10, and the other 0. He switches between them with the toggle. Bucketheads killswitch actualy turns off the pick-ups.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Tom uses totaly different way to do it. What he does is he turns one pick-up too 10, and the other 0. He switches between them with the toggle. Bucketheads killswitch actualy turns off the pick-ups.
If you can just do this, what's the point in a killswitch?
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Ohh, I see. So it could be good on a strat. Anybody got videos of somebody using a kill switch? I have an option to add one for $10 and i'm not sure if I want it but if I see some use for it it's only a couple bucks.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
OK, the 2 volume shit SUCKS ASS. Its so unfluent and all that good stuff. What you need to do is to take a 2 way switch (small, of course) and put one node between the pickup and output, and the other node just solder to something else like your pickup selector or whatever you electronics are grounded to. Then just flip it on and off.
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
Theres a good tom morello one on youtube. It's him on MTV and he demonstrates it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFUva7Xe94 Ahh there Yeah they're cool to use, I can do it on 2 of my guitars

That's pretty cool. God, I guess MTV used to have cool stuff on it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I made a thread in the Gear Building/Customizing section about this. Apparently it's quite simple to add a killswitch to your guitar, like Bucketheads. I'm planning on doing it but since the day I made that thread it's like God has some personal vandetta against me and doesn't want me to get to Radioshack to get the parts.
could you maybe give us a link to this thread..i want one so bad, i only have a volume and tone knob, so i cant do it morello style
Go get your shovel.
There, I did it and it worked, so check that thread (link is up there^) It's not hard at all. I probably cut like 3 wrong wires at first cause of some debates on directions from people but in the end it was quite easy.
Just get a les paul with seperate volume and tone for both pick-ups, turn the volume down on one of them and **** around with the toggle switch, Morrello (Sp?) basically did that with the strat, he wired it like a lp.