Is all else the same except the quality of the finish colors? Same hardware? Same pickups? Same tuners? etc, etc? I'm not looking to impress anyone with the finish-I'm just looking strictly for the sound. Once I get decent enough to play it, then I can justify spending the extra money to upgrade.

Sorry to beat this drum, but I'm just trying to figure out if all else is equal, if I were to get a studio for $100 less than a standard, if it's worth it as I can use the extra money to upgrade the pickups.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
I'm not sure, but if it's not, you can get a plain-top for $400.

Some people have problems with them, I guess I just got a really good one.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
The Les Paul Standard is only $30 more for the black version or $50 more for the plain top version. I'd say it's worth it either way.

The studio has the plainer finish (obviously) and I believe it's slightly thinner. It also doesn't have any sort of maple top or veneer.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I've been watching ebay and looking at previous auctions as well. There are a few standards to be had with a hard case for around $300 w/ shipping. After I posted, I've seen the studios going for just a few bucks less after looking at more of a history on them. Customs can be had for around $350 after shipping. Maybe I'll just spend a few extra bucks and get the standard instead.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
If you're going Ebay, go for the Custom. It will blow the Studio and Standard out of the water, as most Customs are mahogany.

The Alpine White finish is quite nice as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
The standard has a flame maple top and the plain top well just has a plain top.

I own the standard but I really wish I had bought a plain top the problem was that the only one my store carried was a dud and sounded horrible.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows