5 19%
marshal jcm2000 tsl head with 1960 a cab
5 19%
marshall jcm2000 dsl with 1960a cab
13 48%
marshall mode four mf350 head and cab
4 15%
Voters: 27.
alright, i have 4 choices for an amp. i am buying a gibson sg gothic II with EMGs, and i like to play with heavy distortion, moderate distortion, and few cleans. i am looking at the peavey triple xxx head and cab, marshall jcm2000 tsl and 1960a cab, marshall jcm2000 dsl with 1960a cab, and marshall mode four mf350. i play metal, punk rock, hardcore, and screamo, with very few cleans and lots of distortion, and have a digitech grunge pedal now. thanks for the help.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
dude mode four i love it i prefer it over the other 2 marshalls which i have playedi havent played the peavey though. most people will disagree with me trhough
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four
fender frontman possibly for sale

Quote by Pleiadian
(with active EMG-HZ pickups)
another thing is, i listen to lots of children of bodom, van halen, cradle of filth, from first to last, iron maiden, afi, atreyu, and stuff like that, and im aiming for that kind of sound. thanks again.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
For the kind of sound you want I would actually say that the Peavey XXX would be the best choice (because it has tons of pre-amp gain). But the best all around out of those four is def. the DSL w/1960A cab.

The Mode Four is a joke...
i would say dsl but the xxx has more gain. have you looked into the peavey 5150/6505 also. Just go to the store and witchever one nails the sound you want for the cheepist price is the one to get. if you like the dsl maybe a good overdrive pedal will be the key so try it with one of thoes too.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
alright, thanx a lot.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
if you buy the XXX, get a Marshall 1960 cab for it, the Peavey cabs are not that great IMO
oo, alright, i was thinkin of buying a different cab other than the peavey's, if i were to get the peavey. is the 6505's cab good, or should i still go with the marshall cab for that, too?
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
get a mesa/boogie f-50. I've tried the DSL, the 5150, the XXX... Lol, no one even comes close to the f-50 combo. Not only is the gain superb, the cleans are of another world.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
id rather stick with those, i know mesas are nice, but if i were to spend money on a mesa, id get a triple recto. and also to EVERYONE!!! ACT AS IF THE POLL ABOVE'S CHOICES ALL HAVE THE 1960A CAB!!! THANK YOU!!!
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by punk_rocker101
id rather stick with those, i know mesas are nice, but if i were to spend money on a mesa, id get a triple recto. and also to EVERYONE!!! ACT AS IF THE POLL ABOVE'S CHOICES ALL HAVE THE 1960A CAB!!! THANK YOU!!!

Hey dude, i totally respect ur choice if u've tried one of the f-50's, but if f-50 is a great choice for an amp in ur price range, why not at least try one? I mean, if triple recto is your aim in the future, nothings stopping u from getting the f-50 first...
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Want distortion? Whatever amp you buy, get a $40 Pignose, plug the output from your pedals into it, use it's pre-amp out to plug into your main amp. It sounds stupid, but it works. I'll let you find out for yourself. Clue: Think override.
im actually thinking of a mesa boogie, but buying it used from ebay. is that a good choice? and, should i use a 1960a cab or the mesa recto cab?
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by chokmool
Want distortion? Whatever amp you buy, get a $40 Pignose, plug the output from your pedals into it, use it's pre-amp out to plug into your main amp. It sounds stupid, but it works. I'll let you find out for yourself. Clue: Think override.

do you mean the pignose portable amp?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Yes. It is a tiny little box, with a tiny speaker, but that's not important. Depending upon how you set it up, it can give you, for lack of a better term, dual override. Override the piggy with your main amp, and also set your amp to override. Don't have a sound clip for you, and you'll have to experiment with your main amp settings, but it does work. May not be good for you, but its something most people don't even think of.
im looking into the peavey 6505, triple xxx, and mesa boogie triple rectifier, but should i use a marhsall 1960a cab for any of them, or if i get the mesa, use the mesa cab?
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
If you're thinking of getting a triple recto, get that one, it's a great amp, and I'd also go with the mesa recto cabs, they are great
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
k, thanks, man. id buy it used, is that still a good choice?
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal