im taking out my old seymour duncan hot rail single coil pickup, then im putting in a new pickguard that supports a humbucker. Now im wondering what kind of humbucker i want to put in. I want one with high out put that allows for the greatest clarity and crunch when palmuting the E string. I say this because the hot rail made things sound sludgy and when i palm mute it sounds really weak and at loud valumes the gutar just sounds muddy and the bass is just ridiculous. Im playing out of a MESA dual rectifier half stack. I was thinking along the lines of a emg 81 or some kind of dimarzio pick up, but ive never heard of these being put into a strat. Its a mexi by the way.
nah ive heard bad things and from what ive seen everyone says it gives you that delonge sound from blink, i dont want that. what about the duncan distortions?
Quote by KoRnFr33K7
nah ive heard bad things and from what ive seen everyone says it gives you that delonge sound from blink, i dont want that. what about the duncan distortions?

people say that because he is one of the most known for useing them. Still they sound good.