I already have a guitar and amp but the set was only $200 and it's not really that good. I need to know what I should buy for and Amplifier and Guitar for $700 and below. I play Metal, Nu Metal, Alternative, Punk, and soft parts in some songs. Any suggestions are welcome.
I hate to recamend the same thing o\ver and over but Vox Valvetronix!!, ok I'm done,

but really What kinda music do you play?, whats your Guitar setup?
Last edited by Spade1 at Aug 21, 2006,
For metal n' punk, I'd say the Roland Cube, cos they have a good high gain sound. Also, I'd recommend the Marshall AVT series. They're expensive for their type (ie Hybrid), but they sound very good. See if you can find one on discount.

As for a guitar, I'll obviously mention the ibanez RG321. Also, try the Epiphone LP standard or a Middle-class Jackson. I would also recommend buying a mexican fender and putting new pickups on for metal.
I already posted what I listen to (who that is but you should be able to tell what Genre they are), thanks sashki, I'll check them out.

BTW: Can I join that anti Hip Hop thing?
Well stay away from Amrshall AVT's. A Roland Cube and a Jackson or Ibanez would be great for you!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by andrew12398
I already posted what I listen to (who that is but you should be able to tell what Genre they are), thanks sashki, I'll check them out.

BTW: Can I join that anti Hip Hop thing?

..oops lol
Hate to sound redundant sound redundant, but why not keep saving?

Pick one and replace it properly, then replace the other one down the road.

Or see if you can buy something on credit, build up your credit rating that way. That's a bad idea if you're not a serious player, but if you're even halfway serious then it's not a bad thing. Makes it easier to buy a car or a house some day.

Plus side is you get something more than you can afford now, negative is the interest.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

for that kind of money u should only really be thinking of gettin a nice amp and wait for a nice guitar
I'm too young to get a job and I wouldn't be able to get enough money for 2 more years by mowing the lawn.
check out used stuff. i know it's not exciting, but you can get some really good deals.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!