Page 1 of 3
Has anyone heard of this great band? Owen Pallett (Arcade Fire dropout, arranges strings in said fire) Is the lead singer and violinist of this band... They are a band that is so full of greatness and energy it is amazing... They have two CDs, 'Has A Good Home' and 'He Poos Clouds' . 'Has A Good Home' being the bands first CD is a little more unpolished than 'He Poos Clouds' But it is no less great. 'He Poos Clouds' is definitely more organized and full. Besides that they are both amazing CDs for an amazing band... Go. Listen. NOW!!!
You might want to give a link. And yes, good band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

didn't know they had another cd out, I didn't like what i heard, that being "this is the dream of win and regine"
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
hes quite good. people over here might have heard adventure.exe on the orange adverts. he didnt want it to be on them... hes not very happy about it all, his publishing people cocked up. silly.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by starsnostars
they played here last night, but i don't like their music enough to be bothered on a sunday.

His live performances are dope though. He does everything himself, adding more and more loops to a computer until you've got a big mess of a song. He even went on tour with CBC radio's vinyl cafe.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

i'm seeing a silver mount zion friday, and really don't feel like getting out twice in a week. and as you can see by my name, a silver mount zion are much more important to me. maybe if they come back through sometime, i'll make the effort
I just got his album, and it's good... Weird... But very good, I think I'm going to enjoy listening to this while driving
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I found two things: first, and article on Pallett which you guys might find interesting: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/10301/Profile_Profile_Final_Fantasy

and Pallett's myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=87416164

still couldnt find any final fantasy media though, the website doesnt have any that I could sample
Quote by #1 synth
I found two things: first, and article on Pallett which you guys might find interesting: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/10301/Profile_Profile_Final_Fantasy

and Pallett's myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=87416164

still couldnt find any final fantasy media though, the website doesnt have any that I could sample

His Myspace has some songs...
from FF? really? I thought they were just some solo stuff, I was really digging it though, so if that was Final Fantasy they were definitely very chill.

So, which out of the two cds would you get first? I assume they're both pretty good but is either one better for someone just getting into their stuff?
PM me if you want a link to his album "He Poos Clouds", it's awesome
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by #1 synth
from FF? really? I thought they were just some solo stuff, I was really digging it though, so if that was Final Fantasy they were definitely very chill.

So, which out of the two cds would you get first? I assume they're both pretty good but is either one better for someone just getting into their stuff?

I think that 'He Poos Clouds' is easier to get into. Thats what I got first. They are both great albums, but 'Has A Good Home' since less refined has a more aquired tastes.
Quote by sponj
didn't know they had another cd out, I didn't like what i heard, that being "this is the dream of win and regine"

I have no respect for you at all. Not that I do really for anyone, but you have some sort of negative respect, a kind of unrespect, a despect if you will....

'(This is) The Dream of Win and Regine' is an awesome song! If anyone wants to hear it, this is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8PZ8-cpWc4

Also, 'He Poos Clouds' is a fantastic album, so anyone who hasn't heard it must have a listen. There a couple of tracks from it on this fan's myspace along with one track from 'Has a Good Home' and Owen's cover of Bloc Party's 'This Modern Love': http://www.myspace.com/owenpalletmusic. Also, here there are two tracks from 'Has a Good Home' and two from 'He Poos Clouds': http://www.myspace.com/finalfantasy123.

That ought to keep you busy for a bit?

I think Final Fantasy do the song of the new Orange advert?? I think it's called 'Adventure.' I love it, but can't get it anywhere
Yeah, I've been looking for that song for ages! I'm pretty sure it's by him... If anyone finds it then post a link here because I'd love to have it

What album / EP is that from then? Has he released more than "He Poos Clouds" under the Final Fantasy alias? Anyone know?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Yeah, I've been looking for that song for ages! I'm pretty sure it's by him... If anyone finds it then post a link here because I'd love to have it

What album / EP is that from then? Has he released more than "He Poos Clouds" under the Final Fantasy alias? Anyone know?

Yes, last year the debut, Has a Good Home, was released.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Awesome, cheers! I'm definately going to buy that

/me goes trawling through the online CD sites
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I haven't actually heard any of his material though I'm expecting it's at least decent. Soudns really interesting to me and I'm definatley going to check his stuff out sometime soon.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I haven't actually heard any of his material though I'm expecting it's at least decent. Soudns really interesting to me and I'm definatley going to check his stuff out sometime soon.

You'd better, or i'll sit on your head...

Anyways, I am going to a concert in edmonton of his on Sept. 16, Can't Wait!
I going to go to see him on Oct 21st. Unfortunately I have to go to Sunderland to do it, but its worth it!!!

Quote by robbie
I going to go to see him on Oct 21st. Unfortunately I have to go to Sunderland to do it, but its worth it!!!

Mmmm... I agree it will be very worth it. I hear that he performs like a madman live.
Well bother now! Yeh, madman performances are good! I've heard and seen live recordings and videos (such as the performances of 'This Modern Love') which seem really good.

I've only heard the cover of "This Modern Love" by Bloc Party, cover. Is it good?
Yes, he's great. I love that cover too, it was the first Final Fantasy song I ever heard.

Quote by #1 synth
I just bought He Poos Clouds today and its incredibly brilliant, thanks for the reccomendation!!!

No Problem yo. but if you like that you should check out his first CD, Has A Good Home.
Wow, I heard This Lamb Sells Condos, and it is so freakin amazing!!! I'd hug the threadstarter if I could... seriously, that song is just so beautiful.
This Lamb spanks ass! Its awesome! Have you heard (This Is) The Dream of Win and Regine?

How much ''he poo's clouds'' in shops usually. I'd like to hear more, but i try to download some andit comes up with loads of files from Final Fantasy the game

I've only heard Adventure.exe, and I liked it alot.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by julio1987
Wow, I heard This Lamb Sells Condos, and it is so freakin amazing!!! I'd hug the threadstarter if I could... seriously, that song is just so beautiful.

Hmm... I suppose you could e-hug me!? eh,eh?

BTW I see him tomorrow, I'll tell you all how the concert went, on Sunday.
Quote by Shine On...
Hmm... I suppose you could e-hug me!? eh,eh?

BTW I see him tomorrow, I'll tell you all how the concert went, on Sunday.

I will e-hug you!
It's just that good, the dream of win and reg is also incredible.
Quote by julio1987
I will e-hug you!
It's just that good, the dream of win and reg is also incredible.

Ahh my E-ego is that much bigger.

Also definitely one of the best and most intense performances ever! PHENOMONAL!
Everything sounded as good, if not better than it did on the CD, for those of you who have tickets, you are in for a treat.

I also spoke to him when he got locked outside of the building and I had to open the door for him, I'm special!
This just in, FF win the Polaris Prize (the canadian version of the Mercury prize.) They deserve it, although all the other bands deserved it too (with the exception of Metric, Live it Out was mediocre.)

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Page 1 of 3