Are they good? I herd they are a bitch to set up and ****. Is that True.
they can be hard to set up, but they don't come detuned very often and you can do some cool divebomb **** with the whammy bar
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
they can be hard to set up, but they don't come detuned very often and you can do some cool divebomb **** with the whammy bar

Disregard that when it's an LFR, almost all of them suck major ass.

He's right on the set-up though.
it is a pain to set up..but once you do there are the best

there a real love/hate situation....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
The first few times it is a bitch, once you know what you are doing, it will still take ages.
people who say they are very difficult are right, but slightly exagerating. people who say they suck because they are too hard to set up are just inbred.

the first time i ever re-strung mine i just followed a guide on the net and did it in about 15min. first time id EVER even seen a floyd in real life its easy as hell. trick is that why you change strings do one at a time and make sure you stretch them in well. ie, take off the high e, put the new one in, stretch the hell out of it (carefully), move on to the next string. done!

the only real trouble is changing tunings (just avoid doing this, use your first guitar which is probably a hardtail for any alternate tunings) and changing string gauges which probably hardly ever happens anyway and you could probably just get that done at a shop, with new strings, truss rod adjustment, etc for a fairly decent price.

after that they are just awesome... great fun for mucking around on and also are very useful in songs (listen to guys like vai)
I'll pile on. Difficult to set up? Yes. Worth it? Yes/Marginally. You'll learn many things about your guitar you never knew before. It depends on how seriously you play. Tuning on the fly is worth the trouble. It's easy to make quick 1/4 tone adjustments, and you can slam or pull your whammy-bar, and stay in tune better. If your not into the tremelo arm, just get a hard-tail and don't worry.