2 4%
good
7 15%
ok
19 40%
crap
19 40%
Voters: 47.
this will possibly be what my new carvin will look like (but with black bridge and imput jack)

edit:

any suggestions are welcome i know the hardware and such that i want but no idea of what to have it look like.

also its a maple fretboard
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Last edited by Viruk at Aug 21, 2006,
pretty cool dude
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
TBH, it looks hideous.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Hahaah not many of you like it at all... good thing I asked. Any suggestions?
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Note to self, blue and purple do not go with brown and red.

The color of the pick guard clashes with the finish on the body. You could use the same patters and it would be great but you either need to have a body finish with more purple, and blue in the see thru part, or you need a pick guard that is red and brown instead of purple and blue. If you can't color coordinate it then I'm sure your girlfriend or you sister could.

Edit, the shades of black don't match either. The pickguard has the purple dusted thru the black so you never get any real black. That would look ok with the real black on the guitar but only if there were some place that had that dusted simi mixed look as well. The way it is, there is just too much contrast and nothing in commen
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Aug 21, 2006,
Quote by CorduroyEW
Note to self, blue and purple do not go with brown and red.

The color of the pick guard clashes with the finish on the body. You could use the same patters and it would be great but you either need to have a body finish with more purple, and blue in the see thru part, or you need a pick guard that is red and brown instead of purple and blue. If you can't color coordinate it then I'm sure your girlfriend or you sister could.

Edit, the shades of black don't match either. The pickguard has the purple dusted thru the black so you never get any real black. That would look ok with the real black on the guitar but only if there were some place that had that dusted simi mixed look as well. The way it is, there is just too much contrast and nothing in commen

Did he change the picture or something? Where do you see blue and purple and red?
There is no purple or blue on the whole thing, or red, I have no idea what you're talking about. As for the picture editing job, it was quite annoying to do... I'd like to see you do better.

Check out my recordings
Quote by Viruk
There is no purple or blue on the whole thing, or red, I have no idea what you're talking about. As for the picture editing job, it was quite annoying to do... I'd like to see you do better.

the gray/silver has a clear shade of blue and a hint of purple aswell.

it looks like **** mate, I'm sorry.
Quote by liledman_76
uh wat? wen did daron use that guitar?

That's his sig retard, it has nuffink to do with the guitar on here!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Viruk

A little education on how colors work. When working with pigments all colors are made from 3 primary colors.

Yellow and blue make green.
Yellow and red make orange
Blue and red make purple

Then you can add another layer of depth to the color by adding shades which are black and white. If it were not for shades you would not be able to get colors like gray and silver.

So if you are looking at a color that is something other than red, yellow, or blue then you are actually looking at a mixture of colors that include at least 2 of the primary colors.

There are a lot of colors you can see in that guitar. The wood it?s self is a whitish yellowish reddish color. The finish has some black and some yellow. So when I was talking about the red in the guitar body I was seeing the mixture of the red in the wood and the yellow in the finish.

As for the pickguard. It has lots of black silver and purple and blue in it. The mixture of colors makes for a whole new color that isn?t actually purple, blue, or black but that doesn?t mean the colors are not there.

To sum it all up, the colors I mentioned were not the colors you see when you look at the guitar. They were just a few of the colors that were mixed together to make the colors that you actually see.
Not taking any online orders.
^ Exactly... that's pretty basic stuff I learned when I took art in HS. The colours are all there but mixed together, so it makes it a little harder to notice. But I also see some purple in there.

Regardless it doesn't look good at all... It's not the right colour for the finish of the guitar. I'd switch it for a really dark one like tortoise shell, black or black pearloid. OR really light colours like white or white pearloid, cream or cream pearloid. The guitars finish, pup colour, bridge colour and input colour would look good with any of those. But I think it would look better with tortoise.
Hai UG!