Hi everyone, im a new joinee- was hoping you could help.

Im just about to start learning the bass guitar. I need an AMP and know nothing about them, can you recommend a nice cheap beginners one?

I also need to know what cable i need to hook the amp up to the guitar, can you advise on that too?

Thanks
uh i just started playing a few months back...i have a peavey rage 158 but i wouldnt recommend it hahaha, the amp that was always on the back of the total guitar magazine looks good...i think its a vox. as for cables...i have a planet waves one, but if you are practicing only you wouldnt a long one as the shorter the cable is the better the sound is (i think)
if you only need a pracice bass amp then an ashton or an ibanez will do fine
Sorry guys, but i dont have a clue what type of cable i need, could u recommend one with a link? and similarly with an amp post a link for that too? I would greatly appreciate it.
Quote by the_crimison
uh i just started playing a few months back...i have a peavey rage 158 but i wouldnt recommend it hahaha, the amp that was always on the back of the total guitar magazine looks good...i think its a vox. as for cables...i have a planet waves one, but if you are practicing only you wouldnt a long one as the shorter the cable is the better the sound is (i think)

Where the hell did u get that from. The shorter the cable the better the sound.. wtf
Don't Sacrifice a Tree for the whole forest

Quote by jsxxx
just stroke up and down and experiment...find what feels right.
Behringer make great inexpensive AMP. The Vampire has hundred of effects as well. They have some small digital amp which are cool as well.

Have fun and rock on!
Depotgang

Thanks for all the help guys! But i still dont know what TYPE of cable i need. Is it specified by its diameter, what am i looking for?
Just search for guitar cable and those will work, don't worry about the type of plug or size, just search for guitar cable and get one of those.