Argh!
So, up until today, i decided i was gonna spend my wages this month on a berhinger amp, cant remember which one, it was a stack, v-ampire or something...But then one of ym mates said to me, if you use an fx board(which i do) the amp might be abit dodgy for me, cos it is an fx amp, apparently...The one reason im changing amps is cos my 30 watt (I have no prob with the volume) sounds ****ing weird with my new £300 fx board, yet on my mates amp, sounds brilliant, and i just don't want the same thing to happen with this stack i'm buying...would it be better to get a big combo, but with no fx or something...i'm not really sure..
i mean i know ym guitars arnt ****ed or anything, but its just disapointing when i wanna plug in and play some heavy ass riffs, and it sounds ****, maybe i just cant config my fx board! but anyways...any advice on amps?
at the most, budget round £350

Cheers dudes!
try your fx out on the amp/s before buying them would be my advice. Its probably your config though, i had major issues and got hell annoyed and frustrated when i got my pedal and started using it, and it will need tweaking for different amps, well i would imagine so.

My advice, try your gear out with the amp...
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
well maybe you should go to stores and choose what you want out of something you can test before you buy, like would you decide to start a business in manufacturing spaceshuttles without even knowing how gravity works? (thats a lame example haha)

Or buy the amp and if you dont like it drop it a few times and tell them the amp was rooted when you got it and that you want your money back, seriously would you spend money on something that you'll probably need for a while and cant replace it straight away? And from down hear in australia all the effects amps i've played dont really sound that good...
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
oh about your pedal board try trying it through your effects loop on your amp and through the imput and fiddle around with simple things like that, it can change the sound a bit... just a suggestion, otherwise find some settings from a website for your pedal and try to get it to sound good.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Haha that was quite a lame example, but nah i get what your coming from, i'll probably do that, its just wheneverive bought amps in the past, i've had like an £100 budget, and didnt really care that much, But now i just want something which'll make me orgasm when i play that low b on my 7string
ok well, what sort of music are you into, and do you want ss or tube? because Randall makes some pretty good sounding SS's that arent to expensive, and they have heaps of bass, and a mean distortion, but thats just all i know, in the way of solid state. and i'm guessing it would probably be in your budget, possibly.

What sort of music do you like? What soft of guitar/s you got?
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
I play ibanez RGs, and i love metal music, haha, you know, shred solos all that stuff.
I really dont know a thing about amps
well the Randalls are good for that kind of stuff, and the solid states are alot cheaper than tube/valve amps. A tube amp would be alot better in the long run, but they are pricely (i discovered this after spending a fair bit on an amp and effects thing when i released months later that tube amps would suit me more, but i'm still happy with my randall)

So google their website maybe, as 350 pounds probably wont get you a new good tube amp. As far as a better SS with that low crunchy distortion with a lot of bass on the palm mutes my G2 (2005 model) owns as far as i'm concerned with SS's. Just my view. Try looking up reviews on them, as i'm pretty sure something like that would suit you and your budget.

I just read your first post again, and i know how you feel, i was set on spending a few grand on an ESP japan model this year until i decided to wait until i'm better and then spend that much money, but i wanted to spend the money so i bought a pretty good drumkit.. still have some regrets but i love the kit. I've been through the doing the hole looking for what your after then after alot of effort you find out one little thing and it screws ya plan right up, atleast i'm not the only one. Hmm theres a lot of common splices in those sentences but hey i'm only 15...
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Last edited by rockstar_jones at Aug 21, 2006,