yeah i decided i need a brand new rig instead of just a new amp...and i no longer have the £900 as driving lessons came along and needed paying for so now i have a £600 budget / $1,130 USD and i want a new rig !!!

- Budget - £600 / $1,130
- Style - Many styles / mainly hard rock, rock and metal but i also love some blues and shred (vai / satch / malmsteen So versatility is needed.
- Go nuts

EDIT: i just realised this is in the wrong forum i thought i was sitll in the gear forum !! sorry - if a mod could move this to the right forum itd be appreciated.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 w/ Swineys
Fender Standard Telecaster w/ Duncans
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Quote by potato1
bc rich guitars... through marshall

ewwwwww bc rich u gay faggy **** jocky any bc rich that u would get for that price would be crap

this would be better
tooth pick with pickup

"When we are victorious on a world scale I think
we shall use gold for the purpose of building public lavatories"
okay if you rnt gunna take this seriously just dont bother.

jus kuz i dnt have the money to buy a 10 grand amp anbd 6 800 quid guitars with million pound worht of recording equipment dont mean you guys have to just bull**** me.

stop bin fags and give me some serious advice or just don tbother at all.

all i did was ask advice form a supposedly freindly community.
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
hey. I've got a 100 wat Marshall DFX combo. Cost me about £300 3 years ago and has been awesome- especially for the price. I knw that these guitars are taboo to many players, but i also own a vintage vrs100. It plays a lot better than many guitars twice its value, provided yu look after it. Search the reviews fr it, i wrote one. good luck
on anothr note- yer, stop b*tchin just because someone cant afford loads of stuff doestn make them a worse player,. They're probably better for it anyway
thanks pocket ill check out the guitar - but not the amp i hate the DFX marshalls ive tried them before lol

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I'd say spend the money on a nice amp instead of amp+guitar. the amp is far more important
like was said, are you sure you need a new guitar too? If your guitar now is still decent, you would be much better served tonewise investing in an amp at this point IMO. A good amp makes such a major difference, it can be night and day.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
well i have the guitar i made - see my thread !!!

And i have an Ibanez GRG270B in jewel Blue

SO whats your opinions ? and thanks rockers ill check em out !

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
im actually really keen on the rack mount idea.

Surely 40 watts tube stereo power amp (marshall 20 / 20) is enough for home work / recording and live work in small - medium sized venues. And even if it isn't - Mic up the Cabs.

I like the marshall power amp, would like some reccomendations for a pre amp though.

Not so sure bout the MIDI jobby that was suggested on ebay.

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Peavey xxx 40W combo
Ashdown fallen angel 40w combo
those are all i can think of for amps
Guitar-wise, Schecter c1 elite http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schecter-C1-Elite_W0QQitemZ170020295755QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem they're awesome, and look very cool.
or
You could prolly find a decent jackson, a dkmgt on ebay for a good price. They look solid, but they're probably the older models that come w/ the emg hz's. But overall its a solid guitar.
A prs se custom would be sweet, but they're pretty expensive, $550 i think
If you look on ebay, you could also look for a prs tremonti se, Those are awesome looking
Yay
I LOVE shcecter guitars ive played them before yay!

Im quite liking the idea of rack mount gear...because you can always add to it, expend it, make it better etc and it is rather professional and i would like some gear now that i aint gunna have to change - just add to

So im thinking Marshall EL84 20/20 Power amp, still looking for suggested pre amps, a shecter guitar, and then sum effects pedals which i can always get later on and add to to form a collection

- I heard of someone using a Vox Tonelab SE directly into a marshall EL84 20 20, so using the multieffects as a pre amp....how would this sound do you guys reckon?
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
If you're not gigging, look into a pod xt or pod xt live (You could put it through the pa if you need to). If you are gigging, I'd suggest keeping your current guitar and upgrading the pickups and getting it set up. Then you should be able to buy a good tube amp. Marshall dsl 401, or some 800 or 900 models would suit you perfectly.

Good luck

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

get an XXX or a JCM 800 (the xxx is you're playing more metal, the JCM for other stuff)

and An epi les paul or a schecter

put any left over money towards pedals
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Quote by olix99
yeah i decided i need a brand new rig instead of just a new amp...and i no longer have the £900 as driving lessons came along and needed paying for so now i have a £600 budget / $1,130 USD and i want a new rig !!!

- Budget - £600 / $1,130
- Style - Many styles / mainly hard rock, rock and metal but i also love some blues and shred (vai / satch / malmsteen So versatility is needed.
- Go nuts

EDIT: i just realised this is in the wrong forum i thought i was sitll in the gear forum !! sorry - if a mod could move this to the right forum itd be appreciated.

Musikhauss Thomann is a music shop for Europe... It's mianly in euros but has GBP under it its really damn cheap compared to other sites, its mianly where I look.
The vox tonelab has a tube preamp so it wouldn't hurt to try.
I've bought a guitar on ebay and it's been fine (Ibanez ex 370), so I say go for it as long as you find something you really like.

If you want a good quality guitar for a decent price, why not look at the gibson faded guitars? That'll leave you with another 500ish bucks to get an amp and if you buy them at the same store they'll prolly give you a discount.
Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Thoreau

Ibanez Ex-370 For Sale!
Last edited by ride.the.cliche at Aug 21, 2006,
Oli

I doubt that you would get a better pre amp for the money than a MP1 that I put in the link.
Being SS and Valve you have quite alot of options for tone. Think Roland JC120, Fender and Hotrodded Marshall in one little box.

Want to know what one sounds like then listen to And Justice for All by Metallica.
thanks a lot guys a lot of great ideas comin in here, im gunna go to my guitar centre today and test a few things out.

It may come to me saving money, making a list of the stuff i would REALLY want and not need to upgrade again, just add to. And buy it in peices and build myself a good rig i can happyly record and gig with.

For a guitar im really liking the Jackson DK2M in snow white

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Jacksons rule.

If you want to go down the rack route Oli at least get yourself a valve power amp.
In my experience a Soild State power amp just does'nt cut it.
mmmm i was thinking about the marshall 20 / 20 which has four EL84's in it, if i had the money i would concider the mesa boogie 2:90 with the triaxis preamp but in england mesa boogie gear is WAAAAAAAAAAAY expensive
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
lol damn right ! but it would be about 3 grand just for those two peices !!! shocking prices on mesa equipment lol
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Hideous prices.

I've got a Mesa 50/50 Power amp and I think that was £900.00 new.
Got it from a mate hardly used so I did'nt pay no where near that for it!!
damn how lucky was that man ! tbh looking at the prices of decent rack equipment you can get damn good half stacks plus pedals lol hmm im so confused about what i want
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Listen to some clips, read some reviews, try stuff out.
I would concentrate on the amp above everything else though. Be it new/second hand, combo/stack/rack or whatever.
id save another £400 buy a decent amp and use the £600 for a guitar