Ok, how many of you actually sit up straight when practicing? I've been worried lately, i've been slouching a great deal when practicing. It just doesnt feel natural sitting straight while practicing.

How many of you maintain a good posture, and how do you hold the guitar when you do?
I used to sit down, and slouch really bad. Then i decided to start standing up (it was easier to use the wah pedal).
So now i stand up, and it feels alot better.
Been away, am back
Quote by winkybear
eh, then you guys would stand up for 2-3 hours?

Yes, sometimes longer.
Quote by winkybear

I used to practice about 5 hours a day (before i had a job), now i practice around 3-4 hours.

Imo, its easier to stand, and take the heaviness of the guitar on your shoulders than it is to sit down for that long with a strained back.
Been away, am back
that, or put a box under your feet so that when you're playing your guitar isn't in a position where you'd have to crouch down...that's what i do when sitting down; i personally play in the classical position with something under my left foot...i dare you to crouch down practicing like that
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by winkybear

all the time.

.. but yes, when im sitting and playing i slouch alot...

but it doesnt usually start that way.. after i get into what im playing though ive found myself sitting hunched over the guitar with my face inches from the fretboard or my pickin hand.

oh well, you know? at least im still rockin out